• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 14, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmerkle

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Dale Merkle
One more time
your_image.gif

Dale, I'm no help (just ask my wife), but I do like the tractor races you've got going on.

Greetings: My 1450 has developed a high pitch squeal coming from the front PTO. It is noticeable when you start the tractor and gets significantly worse when you operate the mower deck. I did not want to tear it apart if there was something to adjust or check before hand. Any suggestions? thanks.

Howdy,

I have a problem with my cub and am writing (hoping) for some insight....

We have a 1020 that refuses to run more than 5 minutes. It likes to stall about the time you are furthest from the garage.

Purchased around 1989 (I may be specific with model numbers if needed), we recently re-jetted the carb and added a new battery. The gasoline is fine (and the vent screw on the tank is open). I think it's electrical? (BTW: We defeated the seat interlock and I think I can say that the interlock is not to blame.)

Little help?...

Got to thinking about the Super Cat '0' while I was mowing on the 1872 w/Cast Iron Tranny tonight and realized I had to drill 2 holes on the lower hitch piece when I swapped out the AL tranny.

Kraig:

Someone already emailed me the info on the ported hydro.

Thanks anyway !

Sorry B&B,
I just have to share this with ya!
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

hi guys,

This is my first post and my first cub. It's a model 72 with the original k161 engine that NEEDS a good rebuild. I have three questions for the group. If I rebuild the 7 HP engine, will I have enough power to mow 2 acres of waist high grass? Second, can I fit a k341 in place of the k161? If no, what is the largest engine that will fit the model 72?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Kraig:

I have a finish line gun by devilbiss that works great for cub stuff, they run about $175 or so.

A gravity feed gun is your best bet by far. The paint and reducer savings will more than pay for the gun. A suction feed gun wastes the paint that the suction tube can't reach in the bottom of the cup and they are harder to clean and require much more reducer to clean them.

A gravity feed gun takes the paint right from the bottom of the cup, so it has the ability to spray out all of the paint in it with very little residue. No waste and easy clean up, you can also mix up and spray out as little as a thimble full of paint. Since most modern paints have a short pot life once they are mixed, it is important to be able to use all of it, since you can't pour it back into the can like the old days.

Re: My 1450 problems:I'll try the old condensor and test the new one to make sure it's good. I'll also get a new spark plug in the morning to be safe. Thanks for all the suggestions. By the way I did check to make sure there isn't a blockage in the fuel supply. I took the line loose at the carburetor inlet and it flows good there. I also checked when the bowl was off the carburetor and fuel is flowing through the inlet when the needle and seat are open.

Charlie -

You're kidding, right???
roflol.gif

Shawn -- you were gone so long I thought you were out buying a 44 !

Jimbo -- good ta see ya post ! I'm hoping Kraig will buy a good one incase I need to borrow it
happy.gif

Kraig-
For whatever it's worth, I'm getting the tractor I'm building painted for about what a nice HVLP gun costs, not to mention the air compressor. I'm doing the prep work.

Also on the paint subject-
I've found a pretty nice flex filler to work with, it's called "Thin Ice", other than setting up unusually quick with an extremely small amount of hardener it's pretty forgiving as far as air bubbles and controlls well when spreading. It takes a little more of a coarse grit to knock down level too, but that all may be just characteristics of a flexible filler.

Wyatt -- where ya get it and where's a pic of the container ?

Back