• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 12, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Michael S. said something about sweeper brushes the other day.
315393.jpg

Attachments

• 315393.jpg
    315393.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 315393.jpg
    315393.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 142
Thanks for the good words Hydro.

The saddest part about this whole thing is my friend has had this 128 for a couple of years. He came by last year looking for the spindle covers for a 48" deck which I didn't have. He did get a couple of front wheels because it came with the skinny ones and he wanted the fat ones.

Today I was able to locate hopfully everything I will need to set the 128 up with a 44a. I have a parts 1650 that has the whole undercarriage and I found a decent 44a that I now have to "go through". The spindles appear to be okay and the blades even have some life left. The first problem I came across was the QL hood hinge is nla. Thankfully our leader here is having some made. He'll have to be satisfied with the other style until they are available.

Oh, It has the carb breather but the little side panels are mia. I have a few sets of those but I haven't decided whether I want to part with them yet. I usually prefer to hold on to things that are hard to come by and as you know they are one of the first thing missing on wide frames. It does have the belly pan though.

Tomorrow I will start going through the engine to get that out of the way. It back fired like crazy Saturday when we were loading it onto his truck but it doesn't blow smoke. We had it half way up the ramps and it died with a bang. It appeared to be a strong engine but I'm sure it's loaded with carbon and the valves probably need some attention as well. At least it has the proper muffler, heat shield (in good condition), and all of the tin. I'll also look into the pto; that will be fun.

I'm just taking everything as a challenge now. Last year about this time is when the 1200 came and I went through a few gallons of tea while working on that one. I don't understand why they can't come when the weather is a little easier to deal with.

Living proof that you can run a gearbox DRY and it will last a long time! LOL
315395.jpg

Attachments

• 315395.jpg
    315395.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 315395.jpg
    315395.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 146
Charlie, wow that is amazing it still worked. I doubt it was going to last much longer though.

Wow!!!! If you look closely at the small gear in the pic you can see little teeth on the ends as well. Still working is an understatement. I can't understand how it could be completely dry like that. Not even a trace of oil in that box.
bash.gif

I see it was a tiller gear box (20 tooth small gear) so I can only guess the cover fell off when it was being used. What a shame.

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 146
Wondering if anyone has found an easy way to connect a White Mountain hand crank ice cream freezer to a cub cadet front PTO? I've seen an elaborate ice cream setup at RPRU in the past but am curious if there's some way to do it simply and inexpensively?

Radio silence all day... Did I break the site with my earlier question? Sorry if I was too far off topic, Charlie
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 139
Steve - I've been checking in. I didn't respond to your Ice Cream inquiry mostly because you said "front PTO" and "simply". I think it would be complicated and require some gear reduction. Probably be easier if you wanted to use a rear PTO with a Hub City Reverser and a belt.

Harry...I'm sure you're right about the gear reduction aspect but wasn't sure what options might be available or whether anyone here has ever considered it. The one I saw at RPRU was driven by a rear PTO.

I got a question about size of the connecting link on the hydro lever on a149. I'm thinking it should be a 2040 ,but that seems small. I lost the retaining clip, any body know offhand?
Its up under the dash and the link is tight in the valve , so i don't want to force it out

Ron T.
I think it's closer to 2050.
Since my caliper battery is dead, I can't measure one for ya.
But I know from looking at a new one, it's lots bigger than 40.
Also, you have to make sure that you get the right length. It's gotta be 1 1/4" between connection points which are 3/16" and 1 3/4" total length.
315412.jpg

Attachments

• 315412.jpg
    315412.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 315412.jpg
    315412.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 146
Thanks Digger, I thought maybe 2050, but too many years have gone by since I farmed. Back then I could just look and knew, and had
extra on hand.
Plus eyesight and dirty glasses make it more challenging .
But I sure enjoy "reviving" these Cubs

Hyd valve conn links are 2050 but the original ones were narrower half as wide

Ok thanks Mike ,the retainer clip should be same and Im not sure the link will fit unless I can squeese it together with long needle nose pliers

They will work but being wider when you have a dual spool valve you might have to face them out

Back