• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 12, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgwin

displayname
Marty A. Gwin
Troy,

From the looks of that yard, it's gonna be a looong time before you get to use that Haban!
lol.gif

Try some ammonium nitrate on the yard. That will speed things up!
err.gif

Nice sickle-mo!

Dave McClure

I had a friend make me a hitch a few years ago and I did not have any problems with it bending. I think one of these would be great. Aaron makes well built parts. http://www.xtrememotorworks.com/Parts%20Catalog/Cub%20Cadet%20Parts%20List.htm#Sleeve Hitches

Here is my home made hitch

239961.jpg

It is real strong .

239962.jpg

Memory tells me I did bend the lift pin and had to make another.

Scott Tanner... Looking for "round tuits"...

your just to Fast for me lol.

Thanks for the input Scott and Donald On the sleeve hitch. I will place that order tonight. NON-Floating.

That thing looks real strong. This is my first rear attachment.

Dave McClure

I had no problems with the plow floating. Worked good for me. I had a video of my first attempt at turning sod with my 149 and was pleased with how it all worked.

239965.jpg

I did not get the roll over I wanted , but I know now that the plow should have been polished up and I would have got a better turn. I had a blast that day listening to my 149 snort when it cut that thick sod.

DAVE McClure - I agree with Scott, I don't have an IH 3-point or sleeve hitch adapter, I built my own sleeve hitch. But I think the non-floating lift links would be best. But when you use most attachments you'll want to set the lift lever into it's float position. Rear mounted attachments have a habit of reducing rear tire traction when they're forced into the ground. Like Don's pic show, a well adjusted plow should suck itself into the ground and stay there. And it will actually improve rear traction with the right tires & proper weight balance on the tractor. Helpful hint here.... you really don't need a whole lot of weight on the front of a CC to plow well. I see some guys on other forums stick 150-200# of weights on the frt of their off-topic tractors when they plow.... Because it looks cool... but leverages weight off the rear tires until they really get under a hard pull which they seldom can achieve because the rear tires will spin before they can pull that hard.

Dennis
I ordered chains when I did the order for the box blade. I bit down in the ground and I couldn't move. I put the chains on after that and the homemade sleeve hitch gave out. I see that plowing would need wheel or rear weights. You think I should pick up some weights for use of the box blade?
239969.jpg

This one isnt mine but thats the one I ordered and have now. << using on the CC 149 with Hydraulics for the sleeve hitch.

Might as well get it all ordered at once if I need weights too.

I will order NON Floating Sleeve.

Thats either the most unique sickle I've ever seen or you got a picture backwards, made me look twice.

DAVE McClure - I'd try it with the chains first. Many of us here run weights all the time, I have three tractors and six pairs of weights, 3 pair on my 982, two on the #72, and only one pair on the old 70. Weights are expensive, a pair of 26# weights normally costs $100 or more. Lot of guys put fluid in their rear tires, like windshield washer fluid, or RV antifreeze. It helps too.

Frank Currier,

Thanks for the prod in the correct direction! As it turns out Macs have the picture resizer built in. Maybe all computers do. I didn't know that but now I do.

Dave M. I'd look into making a set of cheap concrete weights for your tires. Use a couple of those big popcorn tins that you get around the holidays (Christmas. Make a steel frame for inside the tin to not only help hold the concrete but also to hold your bolts in place.

I'm at work now... everyone have a great day.
happy.gif

I bought this two weeks ago. It was sitting in a small barn with a few cows and had been there for about two years. It came with a deck, a blade, a utility box (with a little manure in it) and tire chains.
It doesn't look special but I'm excited because it seems to be all there, like it came from the dealer. Every other cub I've bought or looked at has had some replacement parts or some handy work done to it or it was just plum worn out. So far, this seems to be solid and original. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I apologize for the dust! I removed the utility box to check the trans fluid and used some new short bolts with washers on the cover plate. I also taped some rubber pads under the seat so it wouldn't rub on the seat base/fenders.

Enough blabber!

239981.jpg

239982.jpg

239983.jpg

239984.jpg

239985.jpg

239986.jpg

239987.jpg

Bob: I would be excited too, the tractor looks like a great find. Definitely a candidate for a full-on restoration, or just a clean-up to "original" status.
greenthumb.gif

Edit: I know Kraig would be excited.

Troy,
If that is a 402D mower here is the info from the manual.
6106 V-Belt Engine to J'Shaft (3V-33.5 O.C.)
S-188 V-Belt J'Shaft to Sickle (B-51- 53.8 O.C.)

BOB P. - I'd be excited about that CC too, looks really good for a "Barn Find"... The cows took good care of it! Amazing what being out of the weather does for preserving these little tractors. They can withstand about ANY type of abuse, but sitting outside in the weather sure makes them age in a hurry.

Bob, Rodney here, the 126 is a great find, I have been looking for one of those here in Texas because I had one previously and they are great machines, I wish I could talk you out of it. Great find. RK

I was wondering if anybody would happen to have the part number for the bearing used to replace the bushing at the top of the steering column? I've seen them for sale before but cant seem to find one now that I want one, you all know how that goes. Lol

Jeremiah, I got an advance peek at Bob's 126 via email. And yes, I was excited to see it, even if it is a gear drive.
happy.gif
It's one number away, model wise, from my favorite Cub Cadet model.
wink.gif
I especially like the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> utility box.

Back