• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 10, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeremiah-I have wheels on all 4 corners of my deck so scalping really isn't an issue. I guess the spring might save wear and tear on the wheels. I was looking to maybe sell it to someone who might need it if I didn't. Luckily my 122 has one.

Craig,
The guy who bought 590 was Ted Moll. Once it was gone I never heard or sell a thing about it, unlike Mein Kub wish did show a few times. The guy you are thinking of is Ron Keller. I think he sold everything lock-stock-N-barrel.

Tom. I remember Ron. We met at Madsons once by chance. That's too bad he got out if it. Got any pix of 538 before u sold it? I remember you said the guy that had it originally didn't ant to sell it but you knew what it was.

Has anyone had a crank get bent on one of their tractors before? My 982 seems to still be making a heck of a noise after new rings, gaskets and honing cylinders and seating valves. I just really hate to buy a new crank but I can see the end is bent for sure as I turn it by hand.

Jeremiah...Speaking of your 122, how's things going with it? Haven't seen or heard anything from you for a while. Just curious on how it's going.

Speaking of crank issues, just pulled one from a 12 hp and there's some scoring where the crank rides on the bearings - both ends. Any opinions on whether or not that's a serious issue. I'm thinking the crank fits snug in the inner race and the bearing turns leaving the crank stationary on the race. If the crank and inner race are turning together it does seem as though the scoring would effect anything?? Thanks

I picked up this 1966 CC 70 yesterday, I slapped on the brakes while coasting off the trailer backwards. The brakes work, I almost got squashed.
287345.jpg

Craig,
I didn't own 538.
Yup, the person who sold me 590 was a young kid at the time and the money looked real good to him. I still know the guy and it's now kinda' the on going joke.

Ed,
When I was about ten I watch my dad try to start a Farmall Regular backing off a trailer. with almost the same results. It balanced perfectly with the front end in the air. He slowly leaned forward and it came down. Then said "anybody got any toilet paper?" Ever since then I have always been nervous backing anything from a cc to a full size tractor off a trailer and trying to use the brakes or the engine to slow it down. Luckily we can laugh about it now but it took some time

Jesse, can I see how you did your p/s set up? I'm currently outfitting my 1450 w/ p.s.

Back