• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 10, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Daniel, yes #591 would be the second "production" unit. There were more pre-production "Test Units" I believe 90 of them with an additional ten prototypes. I could be wrong on those numbers. Craig Carney, or Paul Bell or Tom Hoffman will be along shortly to correct me if I got the numbers wrong. BTW, forum member Tom Hoffman at one time owned #590 and Paul Bell owned prototype #409 which I believe now belongs to Tim DeLooza. Former forum member Jim Chabot owns(ed) #522.

Wyatt,

I'm planning to be there all three days, Thursday-Saturday.

Kraig, I did know that Tom Hoffman owned #590. I would like to obtain this #591....just not sure if the owner is going to be unreasonable. Not looking for financial gain, I just have a sickness for these things!!!!! I think that this would be a good one to own.

Bob E, does your BB360 have any Brinly tags or stickers on it? I just refurb'd mine but did not find any evidence that they had them.

287321.jpg

Wyatt,

It is my intent to be at Red Power Round-up. I am unclear as of yet because I made an offer on a 1650, and it might take my travel money to buy the thing.

David S.

Red Power Round-up, according to the schedule on their web page, ends on Saturday. I'd hate to see you go on Sunday and have nobody there but those who are loading out to go home or to the next show.

Wyatt....WOW!! And I even got the dates wrong!! The LGT Mag has it set for June 21-22!!

Thanks for setting me straight on that for sure!!

Looks like some last minute plan changes are in order!

Under Edit...
Managed to get the motel dates changed from Sat-Sun to Fri-Sat!! So...We are back on track!!

Certainly looks like there will be a crowd at Huron! See everyone there.

Ted Moll owned 590 last I heard
He was an executive for mtd.
591 looks legitimate to me I agree I think it was PA
595 exists last I saw "oldcape" had it in NH
About 10 years ago I got 597 from MASS.
590 was the first production tractor but most know about the 4xx prototypes and 89 "test and line setup units" #501-589.

Craig, I sure am going to try to buy it.... I think that the current owner is look for a big pay day! We will see.

BRIAN W. - There was a HUGE discussion after the RPRU in Madison in 2009 about whether Sunday should be a scheduled day. SON & I went to Madison about 8:30 AM on Saturday and already HALF the tractors, equipment, etc had left, and many more semi-loads left Sat. morning. Think SON & I were the last tractor into the grounds for display. We "Flat-towed" our '51 M ALLLLLL the way to the Alliant Energy Center.

Madison will bid on hosting another RPRU, but I'm not sure if it will be scheduled on Sunday or not. If it IS scheduled on Sunday, there will be a raffle of sorts to award the lucky winner or winners enough cash to spend another night in a motel, or buy part of a tank of gas/fuel for their tow rig.

In '09, but the time SON & I hooked up and left about 2:30 Saturday afternoon, there really wasn't much left to see. I'd hated to have planned on going Sunday.

Tom I could be all wet but I thought it was on evilbay and"mtdted" got it and that someone had traced it to him. Sorry but that mite be all bs. That was before they started masking winning bidders' I'd . Anyway it was 10+ years ago so it could be anywhere now. I know it was yours at one point. Do u know if that guy from northern wi still has 538?

Does anyone know the pressure that a ported pump put out? It is on a 1650. I am converting it to power-steering. I have everything hooked up, but still turns hard.

Jesse, from the service manual for the Wide Frame and Quiet Line series, it looks to be between 500 and 625 PSI:

287340.jpg

287341.jpg

Doug: I believe Steve "Mr. Plow" Blunier recommends a spring assist even with the hydraulic lift. The spring assist allows the deck to "float" over the rough spots and helps cut down on the scalping.
I use a spring assist on both my tractors with hydraulic lift. I'm certainly going to need one for the narrow frame gear drive, recently acquired.
smile.gif

Back