• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 08, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glippert

displayname
Greg Lippert
When I ordered some parts last week, I was impressed with how quickly I received them. Lo and behold, turns out I forgot a few things, so I put in a new order. Again CC Specialties had the parts to me less than 48 hours after I placed the order. But I do have one complaint: Although Charlie included a few extra goodies in my order, he failed to read my mind and send the things I still forgot to order. I think he needs to get ESPN, so he can read my mind!

Ken/Adam,

Sounds like the Spirol roll pins common to the rockshaft and lift arms need to be replaced if you are not getting adequate lift height on your mower deck. The pins often get deformed and/or experience fatigue cracking from years of use and won't lift your mower as high as it should.

Note: The replacement pins need to be Spirol roll pins. Standard roll pins which won't hold up.

While the subject of under-carriages is being discussed, I have noticed the pins for the Q/A at the back of the deck seem to have a lot of slop in them when trying to level a deck. On most of mine the hole in the back of the under carriage is larger than needs to be for the pin. I know some of this is ware but I don’t think they should be that much. Has anyone tried bushings or just adding a little weld to the hole to make it a little tighter fit?

Is the 4 inches with the hydros down but in the highest position or is that all the way up?

Ron, good point!
thumbsup.gif
I forgot about the spirol pins in the lift rockshaft on the Wide Frame and later series Cub Cadets. My Narrow Frame Cub Cadets don't have that issue...

happy.gif
Slant Tongue.gif
happy.gif

Adam, I believe the 4" would be with the mower deck raised all the way up. And that 4" distance would be from the ground to the blades not the mower deck shell.

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 121
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 122
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 123
I also would like to thank you guys. When we do get to the welding on the 107 undercarriage I want to upgrade the pickle fork.

Over the years I've had to move the lift handle stop, back some 3 inches.

Bill - I sure hope you didn't break this thing. Maybe everyone's out getting in some seat time, and whiffs of their Kohler fumes (love'm).

By the way, when you upgrade your 107 pickle fork I recommend .925 sterling silver. The more common .900 coin silver will work but you might get a reaction like image Kraig posted below.
(Those 2 pieces of flat stock welded to the fork area will certainly help slow the wear).

I had a very worn pickle fork and here is my redneck fix

305157.jpg

305158.jpg

305159.jpg

Attachments

• 305157.jpg
    305157.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 305158.jpg
    305158.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 305159.jpg
    305159.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 305157.jpg
    305157.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 305158.jpg
    305158.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 305159.jpg
    305159.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 124
Harry,

I've been out shopping!
lol.gif

305162.jpg

The rest of the stuff is in the sandbox.

Attachments

• 305162.jpg
    305162.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 137
  • lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 115
  • 305162.jpg
    305162.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 134
Jeff,

No creeper. I bought it mostly for the transmission, steering, and wheels. The shifter is good and tight with no play. The frame looks real good like it hasn't been used much. Just dirty from sitting.Not bad for 75 bucks!

Jeff,

Do you know much about this thing? I have already looked at the manuals.

305175.jpg

305176.jpg

Attachments

• 305176.jpg
    305176.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 305175.jpg
    305175.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 305176.jpg
    305176.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 305175.jpg
    305175.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 142
Nothing I see in any of Marty's post look to qualify for off topic Friday.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 139
Jeff,

No rear lift. Can't expect much for 75 dollars. the guy had several cub cadets along with several attachments and a bunch of parts. I picked out what I wanted the most (what would fit in my S-10). I may have to go back.
I am not working tomorrow, so I thought today was already Friday!
err.gif

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 119
Marty I see the clutch hanger but no clutch so did it have a drive shaft. give us a few more pics, 75 bucks not bad...

And please don't be offended I was just poking fun at you due to the stand alone planter question in the main forum, I KNOW full and well that some off topic comments are always welcome, it was a out of fun comment, sorry

Jeff,

Can't show any more pics of the 128, it's dark outside!
The owner said he thought the driveshaft was bent, so he took it out and sold the engine to his brother.

Don't worry about offending me, we talk junk (pick) at work all the time. It helps reduce work tension.
Like we say at work; we only pick on the people we like! Maybe that's why we pick on Charlie so much! LOL

The 128 is nothing special, just good back-up parts in case something on my other one goes bad.
I have totally redone the clutch and replaced the drive shaft on my 128, so hopefully that should not be an issue for a long time.
I may try to post more pics, and some of what else followed me home tomorrow if time permits.
thumbsup_old.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 112
Marty - you bought it for the trans, steering and wheels!!! Dang, I'll take the fenders, pedestal, dash, hood, and frame with the QA latch and the NLA latch springs!!!! I really like the red stripes on the hood/dash of the 128/9 units. I think it's the only time IH used any red until the 82 series

Harry,

You really need some of this stuff?
I'll share. Let me know what you need.
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 121
It's off topic Friday!!!

Dang, I don't have anything off topic!
1a_violin.gif

Well, it's Friday here in NC!