• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 08, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
David I am with you on Kens issue I would start at the ignition switch BTDT on my 1200

Thanks for the advice, was able to remove the switch between the gas tank and dash, used a remote w key on, got same results...Also did try another switch known to be good, did not remove switch from the other 1250 that starts and runs as should...Yes when cranking does not seem to attempt to start, let off key and will start or backfire..Certainly would think switch, but another does same thing. wires are all good...removed plug and grounded, no spark while cranking, good spark as letting off the crank position.....Mower ran fine last year, this started this year thanks again.

Ken, check for continuity in the dual plug between the engine and wire harness would be the next step also the starter relay, then coil. You'll find it I'm sure.

Ken,

Check the spark while cranking and when you turn KO. Check the points to make sure that they are opening and closing. Points will stick together after sitting in contact with one another for several months.

I don't think it would be the starter relay, engine would not turn over if relay was defective. Sounds like the condenser is only discharging once after the key is turned off, points stuck?
Jim

Luther: No, I haven't gotten my 122 back together. Some stiff wind came through the back yard and threw several items across the yard, and even across the street into the neighbor's yard. So I'm on cleanup duty until I can get back to Cubbin'. (Also had to work the weekend.) Thanks for following up; sounds like you're well on your way to a successful conclusion. I hope mine turns out as well as yours does.

I have a 1450 with an engine knock but have a spare 10hp Kohler. My question is will the 10. Hp have enough power to run the hydro and lift temporarily while I overhaul the 14hp?

Brett, yes the 10 horse will have enough power.

You could probaly add a 50 inch deck to it if the 10 hp is strong.

Can Someone tell me were to find what size belt to use on a 125 with 42 deck? thanks

Brett, Jeff's right. The 10 horse should be fine. Might have to do a mod or two depending on if the K241 is from an earlier cub or from the quietline series, starter/generator vs. standard starter, etc. Cub Cadet had 10 horse hydros from the factory, 105, 107, 109, etc. Good luck and keep us posted on how it works out.

I found some original iso mounts for quiet line but can't remember just how they were.Are the upper and lower the same?I thought they were.Maybe Kraig has a picture.
Dan

Dan, just looking at the ones that CCSpecialties sell, they all look the same.

IH - CUB CADET Quiet Line ISO Motor/Engine Mount Kit Per Set Takes 4 sets to do the entire engine
PN/IH-61509-C2 Use 759-3952
for 800, 1000, 1200, 1250, 1450, 1650, 482, and 1210
287281.jpg

NEW and Improved Quiet Line ISO Motor/Engine Mounts Set of 8
Replaces PN/IH-61509-C2 Use 759-3952
Direct replacement for original ISO mounts. These are the soft style like the ORIGINAL mounts sold 20 years ago. I've used these for 7 years now. They are still in great shape with over 280 hours on the machine.
287282.jpg

Red Power Roundup is just over two weeks away. Anyone going to show up?

I wanted to go Wyatt but I made plans with the wife for another trip that week. By the time I realized my mistake it was too late to get out of the plans I made with her. But like they say the key to a happy home is keeping Mamma happy first.

Wyatt, I'd like to go to RPRU but there's no way I can fit it in my schedule.
sad.gif
Please take a BUNCH of photos for us.
bouncy.gif

John, very nice light! It does give a nice yellow glow.
happy.gif

I bought a CC1450 this January that came with a 3 point lift and some implements. I need some help with what I need to attach them to the tractor.

It came with a #2 tiller complete with the gearbox and bracket. The bracket is bolted on the back of the trans axle and the tiller attaches to it no problem.

The deal also came with a Brinly BB-360 scraper box. I tried to put it on the tiller bracket and it didn't fit. What bracket do I need to mount the scraper? Is there a bracket that will allow attachment of both the tiller and scraper?

TIA,

Bob Elliott

Latest posts

Back