• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 06, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
D-DAY JUNE 6, 1944
Think about it!
By this time 75 years ago, there were probably over 2,000 men were dead of the 4,414 confirmed dead on some beach overseas!
325764.jpg

I have finally joined the IH Cub Cadet Section. Just picked up a 104 in pieces. Serial number 265551. Engine smokes, clutch shot but I saved it from the scrap yard! Friend just wanted it gone!

Bernie, nice! Another one saved from the scrap pile.
greenthumb.gif

Bernie P....welcome...i've gotten a lot of great advice, tips and comments on my '73 109...great people here

Hi Guys,

I know all about the great Hytran debate, and have been using Hytran Ultra in all my cubs. A recent project involved transplanting a Mag 18 and dual hydraulics from a 1712 into a 1811 making it a 1812, and it also has a rear lift now. (Yes I know I should have taken some photos while doing it) Last fall in preparation for this I flushed the hydraulic system out by pulling the drain plug and changing filter and Hydraulic oil. (used cheap TSC fluid) Well after conversion I just changed the rear gasket, filer etc and first cub I ever noticed (done about 10 of them) had an extreme waxy buildup inside the rearend housing above the fluid line. It was about 1/8" thick? Anybody else ever notice this? I assume it was from somebody at some point running some kind of sub par fluid???

Kraig,
Would you happen to have a photo showing the proper routing of the wiring from the voltage regulator to the tower on a Cub 147?
Thank you
Justin

Had a great day yesterday. Walked in the house after work to the sounds of my family, the smell of freshly brewed coffee, and a box from Charlie! Life is good!

Justin, first up, here's a drawing of it.

325781.jpg

The routing would be from the regulator over to the right side (as sitting on the tractor) of the grill then down the right side of the grill then back along the right side of the frame next to the engine. Then some wires route up to the back of the starter/generator. (Note, photos are of 125s which have the same routing.)

325782.jpg

325783.jpg

325784.jpg

Then the main harness continues on along the right side of the frame under a cross member then up into the tower. (Note these photos are of a 127, same routing as a 147.)

325785.jpg

325786.jpg

Rob,
I believe that stuff is the hy-tran encapsulated water/moisture from years of use.

I have had that in several of the hydros I have done service work on as well. That's why we use Hy-Tran.

Buy it by the 5 gal bucket.
Brings the cost waaaaay down to about $4.25/qt.

Ray,

I came home yesterday only to the sound of our cat (the wife was still at work).
lol.gif

Although, I did have a box from Charlie!
thumbsup_old.gif

I had recently purchased a spring assist for a wide frame. I can not find an installation or adjustment manual in the manual section or by doing a search on the internet. Did find a lot on installing the narrow frame spring assist though!

Can anyone point me in the right direction for installing and adjusting? Thanks.

Mowing the lawn in the sunshine (finally) and getting down to the last 10 X 3 foot patch when the 73 suddenly lost the pto.
thumbsdown.gif

Just drove it into the barn, still need to diagnose what happened. Wanted to finish up so I dragged out the pushmower. It's running like crap so I guess I need to try and take down the carb and clean it out. So the lawn has a strip some 3 feet wide and about 10 feet long.
angry.gif

Oh Well....

Morning All,
I am mostly a person who enjoys reading the forum and not posting so much. This has be a place of great joy for me for many years.
That said I thought I would post a picture of how I sharpened the mower blades yesterday. Usually I take the deck off to get access to the blades. Since I had the loader out I decided to make use of it. The loader made the job easy. Having an impact driver also meant I did not need to hold the blades from turning. Enjoy the picture.

325798.jpg

Have a great day,
Rich

Back