• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 05, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tphillips

displayname
Trent Phillips
I recieved my steering column today and found it to be slightly different than i expected. I believe im going to marry the cub column shaft with the base of the pwr steering column. Hopefully will work on that this weekend

Had a chance to work on the cub today. Removed the steering wheel, which was a challenge. Got the old column out and hydraulic spool valve removed. Set the new psc and started figuring out how to mount the psc and dual scv to the tractor. The new psc sits out a little further towards the engine forcing the scv out. Im going to have to extend the scv lever arms so they will match up like they should. The way it worked out, the steering wheel is extended about an inch which makes it more comfortable when sitting in the seat.

Pictures later since i cannot up load from my phone

Trent..Sounds like your working on a heck of a project there. Hope it turns out well. Can't wait to see pics!

Trent..Positive feedback always helps when you're doing a "project". Mine has kinda come to a stand still for a little while. I have faith in you that you will get yours conquered.
greenthumb.gif

Oh? Y is that? You were doing so good. What would be the hang up?

Pretty sure the starter went up. Got ready to hang the deck and found out the undercarriage is twisted enough that I gotta figure a way to straighten it. Not major hold ups but enough to slow things down, but as the old saying goes "I'll get it".

Guess the starter sales people need to eat too Ron!

I tried uploading pix, but for some reason, it wont let me load pix the same way I did a few weeks ago... so no pix I guess!

I checked out a few ways to remove it, I wasn't having much luck, so I added my own spin to it. Notice the Come-along attached to the piece of 10 AWG THHN that I delicately wrapped around the steering wheel. I tried the air chisel and leg lift, but no luck. I came up with this idea.

Reason for the rear end up in the air is to some what make up for the angle that the column protrudes through the dash. I wanted fairly even pressure on the wheel while I tried to free it. I tried the chisel again, no luck. Went to Lewis Imp and got a nut and bolt. With enough tension on the steering wheel from the come-along to raise the front wheels COMPLETELY off the ground, a few good whacks with the hammer and off she came!

DISCLAIMER. The steering wheel I have is cracked and I have no use for the column. That being said, I was not going to be upset if either one were broke due to my removal methods!

It was a good thing the archive is kept alive, otherwise I wouldn't have remembered how it went together when I bent the tubes ten years ago!
287284.jpg

Well, after never being run, I started it on carb cleaner tonight. Lit off on first revolution.
287347.jpg

Back