• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 03, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Joe D.
How bout the manuals section.
thumbsup.gif

CLICK HERE

Well, I got the 44a swapped out on dad's 1450, started mowing right away. Now I just have to go through my 44a deck and put back under the 1200. Another good thing is I'll be cutting off the front deck runners on the Swiss cheese deck and getting put on mine to replace one that is missing a chunk. The flat metal loop on each side of the deck in the front is what I'm talking about. I'll also cut off the wheel brackets and keep those. Now I just have to stop offering people help with their stuff and get to mine!

Digger, it shows the rear ones which I already have I am wanting to install the front ones like the 44in and 50in mowing decks. I want do away with the runners because grass will collect in them. Thanks for the reply I am going to keep looking to see what I can find I would like to see pictures of one with them on it.

Joe D.
There's only one way I know of to put something like that on that was never put on from the factory.
I put'um on my 44A.
320816.jpg

Is there a real benefit to having front gage wheels?

Maybe I have use for the wheel brackets sooner than I thought.

Well all, I figured I would finish off your weekend / start your week with a laugh......

I've had quite a week, seems like everything I touched last week went to you know where in a handbasket.... Had to replace a unit hub and the upper control arms, lower ball joints on my car, 2 day ordeal and still not 100% done. Worked early to be able to finish tilling and planting the garden, rained when I was plugging the lights in on the trailer, TWO DAYS IN A ROW!

Since I had the deck off the tractor to run the tiller....

Well that is another story, the reason I am having to switch back and forth, the first time I tried to till the garden, I blew a headgasket on the 1450 tiller tractor. I've never had this engine apart, but the gasket been bad for a while, because the gasses etched a trench in the head. Fortunately we have a gasket and head in the shed, so I just need to get it here and installed. So I switched the tiller gearbox to the 1650 that I normally pull the plow with, and run the mower during tilling season.

... so while the deck was off, I decided to sharpen the blades, make sure the underside was clean, and give the spindles a couple squirts of grease. Pull each blade, get a decent edge on it, replace, move to the next one..... Get the deck serviced and loaded on the trailer, since I needed to mow at the same location I was tilling. Figured quick swap, and kill 2 birds with one stone. After this, the afore mentioned rains came, so I was not able to till, finish planting and mow (3rd try to till, the second time I tried, I broke the short tiller belt about half way through) until today. We loaded up and headed out. Got the garden tilled (1650 with good belts is a tilling machine, never tilled with anything bigger than a 14 until today). Momma told me to go mow and she would finish up the little bit with the garden. I dropped the tiller and swapped on the deck and undercarriage...

I start mowing, the grass was tall as it has been a couple weeks since it was last mowed. It seamed like the deck was doing an unusually s****y job.. it was tall and thick, but not that thick.... WTF!!!!! I finish mowing, doing a really crappy job, which I do not like leaving, but had other commitments today, so loaded up and got ready to head out.

Last thing I do before heading to the drivers seat of the truck is, I decide to look under the deck to see what is going on, since it is now easier to access since it's on the trailer..... Well, I figured out what the problem was...

I put all 3 blades back on UPSIDE DOWN!!!! I was "mowing" with the wing, not the sharp side......

I just laughed, brought it home and flipped all 3 blades. Mows MUCH better, now that I am actually using the sharp side.... so that was the end of my fairly crappy week.

Scott: Helped my neighbor solve his "crappy mowing" JD problem, same reason, blades on upside down. I suspect more than a few people have done the same thing.
Just think, it's stuff like this that keep us humble and remind us that we're human after all.

Great post.
smile.gif

The wheels for my yard is to roll up on my rocks in case I didn't weed eat around all of them and my yard has a lot of dips and inclines to.

Scott your definitely not the only one who put blades on wrong. I've recently picked up a few push mowers that the owners would have thrown if they could. I look at the blade/s first thing usually. But...

When I last changed blades on my 44a deck for my 1200, I had 2 rows nice and one not. Stopped and, yep, one blade on backwards! That was last year.

Cut it out, you guys - you're reminding me of the time I put a chainsaw blade on backwards.
happy.gif

I had to laugh at the comments regarding installing the blades upside down. It reminded me of the time that I did the same. I did one blade and could not figure out why one side did such a bad job of cutting. I also put the chain backwards on the saw. It is surprising how much better it cuts with the chain on the correct way. Always good for a laugh.
Earl L

Never put blades on upside down, but I fixed a striping problem that had driven me crazy the first couple of years that I had the 129 - the PO had replaced the center spindle and mounted it on the wrong side of the deck..
1a_scratchhead.gif

Scott.. that reminds me of a time my old boss told me to put a new chain on a 066 , after I was done I fired it up and started cutting into a big nasty oak log and nothing. I put it on backwards, they had to remind me every day for probably 4 month.

It’s it all that hard to outsmart yourself.....

Tillers work a lot better, too, when the tines are installed in the right direction! Like Jeremiah said, it'll keep (or make) a guy pretty humble!
a_weep.gif
blush.gif
clown.gif

Back