• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 03, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David C.Q, I placed a small hydraulic bottle jack between the ears of the sub frame and opened up the gap just smooth, and easy as could be.

Thanks to all for the push blade info........she's up & running! I've spent my whole life in the shop makin' & fixin' and it never occurred to me that the designers @ IH in the 1960's would opt for that method of attaching a blade to a subframe. A crowbar & a kick! ROFL And, it works just fine & Marty, maybe 20 yrs. ago (manually) but these days, I'm using the crowbar. Made a nice 3/4" dia. lift rod & guess what Harry......32" spot on!! You guy's are great! Thanks again

David Q

Hi guys, new guy here.
Recently acquired a 1970 model 73, in good shape. I've already ordered an original taillight for it, and am on the lookout for headlights. I'm seeing conflicting things with regards to the front plate. I see on here one for sale that has the round cutouts and striped decal says for model 73 (among others), but other places I see where it's actually the "oval" cutouts with square trim and solid black decal with the IH logo in the center. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Ryan,
Welcome to the forum.
This is what it should look like.
305089.jpg

Attachments

• 305089.jpg
    305089.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 305089.jpg
    305089.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 119
Thanks for the quick reply! I was fearful it'd be the square style, I prefer the plain round style. I understand that either one will bolt right on, just a matter of if I want it original to the "T" or not I guess...

Welcome Ryan - can you post a pic of your 73? I'm wondering which tail light is original to the Model 73? Is it the single round Grote light, or the oval shaped style used on the 1x6/7 series? Hopefully Frank or Shultzie can help us out with a rear pic of one of those 73's.

I see you're in Fryeburg, ME. Is that where they make Frye Boots? Also, Frank Currier is up the road a piece from you in Portage Lake.

By the way, I mentioned the 1x6/7 series, which your 73 is part of. There may be an FAQ that explains the ID name we use on here for the IH CC series. (It's a little harder for a 2 digit number model). Hope one of the guys will explain.

Harry,
The one I picked up is the round Grote style.
Yeah, Portage Lake is quite a ways up from me! Haven't been up that far in a while, but I regularly go to Lincoln and Lakeville on the weekends. No idea on the Frye Boats... I've only lived here for about 3 years now.

Another question: I haven't had much luck finding part #'s for the 3 blades on my 38" mower deck.

Uploaded a picture of the tractor I got, with the #2 trailer.
305094.jpg

Attachments

• 305094.jpg
    305094.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 305094.jpg
    305094.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 113
OK, Harry I think I have it! The 73 is a 7hp 3 speed.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 128

Latest posts

Back