• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 03, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billy D - so many posts today it's hard to keep up. I forgot to mention your 108 didn't originally come with a fuel filter and I be really cautious about adding one. There is a mesh screen in the bottom of the fuel tank and it's usually all you really need. If you do add a filter make sure it designed for lawnmower appications. There is no fuel pump on your 108. It's just gravity feed to the carb. Many automotive type filters won't work because of this.

Kraig - Ooh Great One Keeper of the Photos - I don't care what Charlie says. You're the Greatest.

Marty - I actually really like the Kohler K-series fumes. Just something about them. They are unlike any other engine fumes I've smelled, and not sure why. If I did add a stack like the one you show I'd have to figure out a way to re-enforce the muffler heat shield. They already tend to crack and the extra weight of the stack would just put more pressure on the mounting bolts. How tall is that one anyway?

umm what ever Harry, but both the 129s I had came with silver metal cap/plug in the hole.

Jeff - you weren't supposed to read that comment I made to Gerry. I put it in parenthesis. I've never seen a 1x9 that had a silver cap/plug on that hole.

Harry,

I put one on it a couple years ago when I rebuilt the carb. I made sure it was one of those little ones- the automotive type wouldn't allow the fuel to flow, as you said. I had to buy a new piece of fuel line because after switching out the old/new filter for the right one, the line was too short. After putting on the new line, all was good. I bought a new one this year, looks like this, which looks like the one on it now:

305049.jpg

I am wondering if you could give me a bit of advice? When the 108 fell off the mountain late last year, the left front spindle broke. I bought a new one and put on it, but haven't yet aligned it. The tire is slightly toed out. How do you align the front end on one of these?? Thanks

Attachments

• 305049.jpg
    305049.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 305049.jpg
    305049.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 141
David, you just can't keep them IH's inside when they want out.

Harry maybe someone stole the bushings before I had them,
1a_scratchhead.gif
I can't even check any of my tractors for it as, my current stable is three 149s, a 169 , and a O.

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 147
Hi, I've just got my cc70 running again after a restoration and after running it for about 40 minutes the starter/ generator feels really hot, is this normal, we replaced the bearings, also the regulator which is new feels warm, is this normal. Thanks

Haven't been on for awhile but I picked up a nice #2 tiller today. It came with 2 gearboxes, the small belt and 3 long belts. Paint looks really good for its age and even came with the belt guard. Pretty happy about this find.

Jason nice find, gotta love getting spare long belts. did you get the mule drive for up front?

Billy D - I believe the front end alignment (at least the toe) is addressed in the Operator Manual. If not there it's in the Service Manual. There is a spec for it. I like to put a mark at the mid-way point on the back of each tire, and on the front of each tire, and then measure these and adjust the tire rod (even adjustments on both sides) until it's within spec.

Before you do the toe adjustment you need to make sure the end play on your front wheels (bearings) is within spec. This is in the Service Manual as well. You'll need some fine shims (I think .005) for the 3/4" spindles. I'm also assuming you greased up your front wheel bearings. If not then it's time.

Jeff - you better get a higher fence.

Thanks Harry for all your help! That will be a tomorrow venture, provided it isn't raining
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 138
Back