• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 01, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydroharry

displayname
Harry Bursell
Holden - don't give up yet. Any chance you can get us a pic of the 44 deck you're talking about, and the sub-frame with mule drive you have for your 1250.

There is a good chance the 44 is really the same as the 44A you mentioned. The center pulley on the 44A is offset and your mule drive pulley mounts on your sub-frame should be bent slightly in the same direction so the belt is directed towards the offset pulley. Unless your 1250 came with a 38" deck you should have the correct mule drive and the 44 deck should work with it.

I think pics are going to be the only way to get you the correct info.

Bill - I thought you went and broke the Forum but then Holden posted. I see Craig provided a link for the No. 2 and 4 cart manuals. The pic/drawings in the manuals are not fully correct (dang IH air brush artists at it again). I do know the No. 2 cart came with a "pipe" type tongue which the manual shows correctly. I believe the No. 4 cart came with a U channel tongue but the manual shows it having a pipe. Also, the No. 2 cart came with fenders mounted against the side of the box which is shown correctly in the manual. The box on the No. 4 was mounted above the tires which seems to be shown correctly in the manual. Your cart doesn't have the box above the tires and doesn't have a pipe tongue or fenders, so I don't think it can be an IH version.

Harry: my sub frame the has the straight outer frame, not the curved and it did come from a 38" deck. Don't think the pulley mounts are bent, as they look aligned straight back. I won't be able to get any pics for a couple of days, as pulled back muscles trying to get it mounted over the weekend, but will get the pics as soon as possible. Graduation is also in the mill for Grandson so lots going on this week. I found parts lists for both 44 and 44a decks, but really don't see any difference in the decks except for they both use a curved outer frame and then they mention different packages most without part numbers. my 1250 is a 1977 s/n 613448 and the only identification on the deck is 441U1111. will work on pics as soon as I can but mean Thanks for showing willingness to assist.

Holden - yes your sub-frame and mule drive for a 38" deck will have pulleys aligned straight back. You'll need a different sub-frame and mule drive in order to use the 44 deck. They are quite common and should be available used in abundance. I'd try posting to the Wanted section on here. Shouldn't cost to much except the shipping to TX. Who ever has the 44 deck should really have the sub-frame and mule drive.

Hydro,

I think you’re right. This is not a IH but it does make me wonder if the same manufacturer made this one and the carts for IH, I may never know.

Also I was looking in the vault for a post that was there that I could not find. Back a few months ago someone was pretty adamant that the weld on the spindles would not break like the one Shultzie had break on him. Do you recall who that was?

fence.gif

Thank you
Bill

Attachments

• fence.gif
    fence.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 124
#4 carts also had pipe tongues. Later Agri-Fab carts (MTD) had the channel tongue.

Bill - that was probably me but I think I also said that was with a 3/4" spindle. I think the one that broke was a 1" version.

Steve - geez, I thought the No. 4 had the U-channel tongues. Thanks for pointing it out.

there was talk earlier in this tread about the 129 to hydraulic conversion, don't forget you will need to get a bushing for the tower where the handle comes out. All my 129s came with out the welded in bushing.

Ok, so I'm crawling around under the 149 last night for no particular reason other than just checking things out. I notice right rear (starter side) engine mounting bolt Missing!
1a_scratchhead.gif

Now I Really start "Checking" things out and find front right engine mounting bolt is about 1/8"-5/32" from being tight. Both Left side engine mounting bolts are tight, gave them a Bump just be sure, "Didn't break out the torque wrench" but left side is Good.

I Found a non WP stamped 3/8"-16NCx1" 3 Hash grade five and replaced the missing right rear. Tightened the front right and noticed a warm fuzzy feeling come over me as the bond between the 149 and I grew a little stronger.
ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 134
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 121
Jason W.

Your so FREAKIN HOOKED!!!!!!
beerchug.gif
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 118
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 125
Jason,

You have that 149 looking very nice.

Good catch on the bolts.

Bill

Geesh, That reminds me,
I gotta go an make sure there's no mud stuck between my lugs after tilling the other day!!
blush.gif

Attachments

• blush.gif
    blush.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 122
Bill R.

Thanks, according to ur profile looks like most of yours have been passed down to family,

greenthumb.gif

Anyway, this is what the 149 looked like Monday when Sunday Hail storm fell biggest tree on our Property, about 70' American Beech Tree.

http://youtu.be/vYOpuPqeiko

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 120
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 125
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 123
Charlie - I'm not so sure that Jason is really that hooked. He did say he used a "non-WP" stamped bolt. Also, I think he should have included a flat washer and a split washer on the rear engine mount bolt. As I recall there isn't enough space to include a flat washer on the front bolt but it should still include a split washer.

Jason - about that "warm fuzzy feeling", just where did you feel it? It might'a been a drip of warm oil from the engine, or it could'a been a drip of HyTran from the hydraulics or rearend. It doesn't sound like the usual symptoms of chronic Yellr 'n White Fever. That usually comes over you when you're sitting on your CC seat and get a few whiffs of the Kohler exhaust. It usually results in a quick check of the throttle to make sure its at full. Most of the time I just stop what I'm doing and take the tractor out on the road, and give it full throttle and full speed on the hydro. You get the wind in your hair, your face, and some Kohler fumes - just nothing like it. After about 10 minutes I'm usually settled down and can back to what I was doing.

All - I just about forgot. I'm trying to decide if these points might still be good and I should use them - or if I should just leave them hanging on the wall as a display item. Thoughts???

305001.jpg

305002.jpg

Attachments

• 305002.jpg
    305002.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 305001.jpg
    305001.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 305002.jpg
    305002.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 305001.jpg
    305001.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 130
On the wall.......they are only NIB once!!!!

Hi Harry, I hope you're doing well. I think they would still work fine, but I have to side with everyone else- hang 'em up. I haven't seen points that old NIB before, and that is one heck of a conversation piece. Just my 2 cents.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 121
Harry,
Hang them up. I have to ask why would they be bad? Unless they were in water and rusty they would be much better than some of the china junk they sell now

Back