• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 01, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking about buying this 1650 with snowblower and #2 tiller. What would be a good price for it?
305017.jpg

305018.jpg

305019.jpg

Attachments

• 305017.jpg
    305017.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 305018.jpg
    305018.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 305019.jpg
    305019.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 305017.jpg
    305017.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 305018.jpg
    305018.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 305019.jpg
    305019.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 122
Adam V.

It is worth what you are willing to pay!
It is not the forums purpose to tell you what it is worth, but to inform you enough to make a wise purchase on your behalf
Are you expecting everything to be in full working order as per IH?
Is the seller the original owner, engine rebuild, original paint, kept in or outside, etc?
Some IH CC look good in photos, but have not been well maintained, just prettied up for resale.
In my neck of the woods (SW MI) I would expect to see an above average asking price, check local adds, CL, EvilPay.
If this person is the original owner and based on the photos a higher price could be…….
Jim

Adam V - I see you're a new member and maybe didn't see the Forum Rules (linked in the Blue letters at the top of the page). We're not supposed to provide appraisals. However, you are allowed to ask is something might be worth a specific price. I will say that 1650 with the deck, No. 2 Tiller and QA42A Thrower sure does look nice. The 1650 was the top of the line unit in the "Quiet Line" series at the time of it's production. This one looks like it might be a later production unit and have the 1" front spindles but can't tell for certain in the pic. This tractor with the deck, tiller and thrower gives you a nice year round unit with about everything you need. The only thing I see missing in the pics are some rear wheel weights to use with the thrower. Otherwise, it's looks pretty complete and a nice looking set up.

Nate - on the points, I was just asking for opinions. I figured they still be good. Heck, now I'm not even sure about hanging them on the wall. The little hole ain't even punched out of the cardboard for the wall holder.

Hey folks, I've cobbed & fabricated my 124 worker into a nice running machine & need one more thing! What's the length of the lift rod for the push blade. Thanks!!

David

David - the lift rod for the snow/dozer blades on a Narrow Frame tractor are generally 32" long (center of right angle bend to center of right angle bend).

Some people like them just a little shorter to allow a little more lift height. You can measure how long it needs to be if you mount the blade, drive or place a 2x6 or 2x10 under the front tires, and then make sure you lift arm is in the full forward position. Measure from the center of the hole in the lift rod bracket (attached on the lift arm) to the center of the hole in the lift rod bracket mounted on the A-frame of the blade.

Harry you can hang it on the wall,BTW it is NIP!!!

Adam,that is one purdy 1650!

Harry,

I think you might be right. The pionts could be bad. If you got them before 1981 I would not trust them.

About what year did you get them?

1a_scratchhead.gif

If you would like, send them my way, I'll check them out for you.

It may take some time.

Bill

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 126
Jason,
The 107 is on its 3rd generation. I’m thinking about working on one of the tractors for my grandson.
Not sure what one yet.
Hydro thinks it should be the 109 and it maybe, I'm just not sure if it has the right spindles on it?

Bill

But Lew - if I hang it on the wall I'll have to knock out that little plug circle for the hanger, and then you'll hardly be able to see the first letter "C" in the word Contact. It'll look more like "lontact" and any youngsters around won't know what it is and will be asking lots of questions and why it's spelled wrong - and I ain't got the time to be s'plaining to'm.
And I do agree, it's NIP.

Bill - ain't nothing wrong with those spindles on the 109, but you might want to swap over some Narrow Frame front wheels. It'll give the 109 a little wider stance and slightly more stability, just in case your Grandson goes turning some quick corners at the high (infinitely variable) speeds of the 107 Hydro.

And by the way, that package is probably from pre-1981. I think I'll just "lean" it against the wall on a shelf - until I can figure out my own way of testing the points withOUT removing them from the package.

Back