• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 31, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Timothy D, If you take an IH wheel, take the tire off,reverse the tread,and put it back on the tractor, the valve stem would be on the inside,
so I say, yes they did.....!!!
bash.gif
>>
pcwhack.gif

Timothy,

That is probably a Sears Suburban rim, or something similar.
It would come in handy if you wanted to put dual wheels on. You wouldn't have to flip the inside tire over.

Tim T., if it were mine I would spray a penetrating oil like PB Blaster, Kroil, Liquid Wrench or your favorite brand, wherever I could get it in and around the rockshaft. Then let it set a day and reapply, repeat this over a few days and test it occasionally to see if it has freed up. Perhaps someone here has had the same issue and will post a reply.

Howdy Dave! Will we see you up at Portage Wi next year as Cub Cadet is one of the featured tractors?

OTF. The Deere dealer is a super place to shop at!! Picked these up last week. I bought the one with the loader and dad got the one with the blower.

326314.jpg

Nate, nice score! I especially like that 1872 with loader. So far I've purchased three Cubs at a JD dealer. First one was a 125 with chains, IH wheel weights, a windbreaker cab and a Dexter Sweepster. Second one was a 102 with a 42" mower deck. The third one was a 1450 with QA42A, 50 mower deck and JD cast iron wheel weights.
happy.gif
happy.gif
It helps that my brother is the parts manager there and gives me a heads up when they take IH Cub Cadets in on trade.

This is not to OTF, but I noticed a problem with my trailer when I was at a show this past weekend. The left rear tire is worn slick. All the rest of the tires look great. Any suggestions as what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the left rear and both left tires:

326316.jpg

326317.jpg

And, here's a picture of the right rears. They show no problem:

326318.jpg

I'll be away from my computer for most of the day but should be able to check in this evening to see if anyone has some suggestions as to what might be wrong. I'm hoping I can correct it without having to unload all the Cub Cadets that I store on it.

Oops, sorry Charlie. I just realized there's a section for haulers. If you want to move my topic there, I would have no problem with it. I should've looked through the topics before posting.

Paul- Bent rim or axle that is bent outside of the spring on that side

I went to start the 149 this am for a little exercise and battery charging. When I turned the key it back fired with an attitude. I've never heard such a loud back fire. I knew immediately that it blew the spark plug right out of the head and sure enough, the spark plug along with the helicoil was lying on top of the engine.

Has anyone had this happen to them? I went through this 149 three years ago and have been mowing with it most of that time. I installed a 48" deck and it has been doing great (until now). I didn't do anything any differently as I have done for the past 3 years so I just don't understand. Turn the gas on, pull the choke, give a little throttle and, in this case, BOOM!!! I haven't used the tractor for a couple of months and that's why I was starting it to begin with. I always use high test with MMO too.

What would cause such a massive back fire??? Thank goodness for the heavy metal hoods.

Any input will be appreciated.

Paul, jack that wheel up and spin it while holding something close to see if the tire is running straight or has wobble in it.

Paul, just to add to that, if the wear was the same all around tire I would think a bent axle, but the wear looks like it is mainly one area making me thing more along a bent rim, a bad tire, or possibly a bad hub.

Trailer have brakes? That brake dragging badly, damaged, or broken?

Thanks for the input Steve, Nate, Richard. That's three things I'll check out.

Wayne, I don't think anyone will have the definitive answer as to why. Metal fatigue, incorrect installation of the heli-coil?? Plug was loosening in the threads and causing damage? But I will say the cylinder had an air + fuel charge large enough and strong enough and it was months old?!?! I guess the MMO is helping keep the gas fresh enough to cause damage

Back