• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 31, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a---allalone.gif
sorry.gif

Exhibiting all week at the county fair and the Fair Queen couldn’t resist posing on my ‘47 M. The Junior Miss Fair Queen found my 70 to her liking and plans to drive it in the parade tomorrow.

326322.jpg

326323.jpg

John N.
The hub cover on your trailer has the Wheelhorse markings on it. Found this picture on the web.
326326.jpg

Mike-

Thanks for the reply. The engine has been getting tired and I was planning on going through it eventually...probably in the winter. I'm guessing the few strokes from the engine after the key is off pumped enough gas??? I've never experienced this before.

Wayne, If it was during a shutdown and it backfired, that would be a more likely scenario. A lot of times if you don't let them idle down and cool a bit before shutting off the key, that'll usually cause a backfire. But on startup? That's a strange one to me.

Chris, thanks. Scott and I were talking Friday night and told me to look at the marking in the hub cover that it looked like a WH symbol, and I have to agree with both of you. As soon as I et a chance I'm going to pop the cover off to remove the wheel.

Interesting cub spotted at Marshalltown show over the weekend.
Once owned by Peoples Natural Gas Co. and fitted with some sort of gas sniffing detection equipment which had been removed.

Owner suspected there was some sort of vacuum pump affixed to the front with an instrument of some sort attached to the rear that would penetrate the ground. He is looking for anyone that may have info on it's operation and description.

I know, I should have gotten better and more close up pictures.

326330.jpg

326331.jpg

It is very possible that Peoples used that unit as a mobile gas detector for the tight areas in down town Chicago.

These leak surveys are typically performed with a detection system mounted in a pickup truck that then slowly patrols residential streets as close to the gas main as possible to detect leaks. A vacuum pump would have been part of that system to obtain a sample from the air. (exhaust is typically routed up to avoid false readings)

A "bar hole" is often drilled/driven in the pavement or grass to allow gas a path to escape when trying to pin point leaks....having an attachment on the back for bar holing would also be in line with this work.....too bad there are no pick of it in operation!!!!

Back