• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 31, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbell

displayname
Paul Bell
Shultzie,
Just a thought, but make sure the center blade is not on upside down. Hey, we've probably all done that at one time or another.

Paul B - nope, never done that. Should I try it to see what happens?

Dennis and Kraig,

Thanks for welcoming me! Also thanks for you input on the 982. I am becoming very excited about owning the machine. I'm going to look at it this weekend. If every thing checks out, I'll have a trailer full on the way home.

Can you or any one suggest what tools I may want to drag along with me and for what specific purpose (ex 5/16" wrench to remove the ____ to inspect the ___)

I appreciate the help!

Harry, Fess up and tell the truth now. <font size="-2">ActuallyI haven't either, I was just trying to make Shultzie feel better incase HE did</font>}
whistling.gif

Kirk Sharpe....from one Kirk in Missouri to another....If you do or even if you don't buy the 982, hop on hwy 67 and head to Fredericktown, Mo the last full weekend in Sept for the annual Cub-Arama. 3-day show for the Farmall Cubs and Cub Cadets. Thursday is set-up day, Friday and Saturday are the actual show days. Always plenty of Cub Cadets and parts for sale in the swap meet area. First show was in 2002 and I haven't missed one yet.

Paul - well, guess I should fess up. There was one time I installed the blade but before I installed the nut I realized it was upside down (I think there is some wording on the blade that states "this side up" which gave me a clue, at least on the 44 and 50 deck blades). So, since the nut was not installed I don't think technically the blade would be considered completely installed. Does this count?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Harry, it DOESN'T count ! The nut has to be tight and ready to mow !..
whistling.gif

Under Edit: normally the blades suck UP the grass causing a slight vacuum. If all 3 blades were backwards, would that be like a hover craft and have a 'floating deck' ? ?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Hey guys
I have a few questions about a cub cadet 1282.

I don't know if this is on the right page or not but i'm going to try here.

So first off was a 1282 made by international?
To my knowledge it was for the first couple of years but after that I am lost.

Is there any changes (key features) that I should look for when purchasing one of these to determine if it was made by international?

How rare are these tractors exactly?

what years were they made?

Thanks you to anyone who can help me
Troy...
lame.gif

Kent get a set of Gator blades they have more lift and extra mulching on the top edge it's all I run on my 50" decks

Reading some previous post regarding the IH horn. This is a good idea. I might see about putting one on my 109.

I had a 1970 IH Scout (800A I believe) and for whatever reason sometimes when you'd go around a turn and hit a bump, the steering wheel would go in to a death wobble. I don't think there was a steering damper on the Scout. Once the steering wheel would start shaking violently, the horn button would pop off and the horn ring under it would fall down enough to set-off the horn. The one and only time my Dad drove the Scout, this happened and he reached down to knock the horn ring off the wheel and got a nice shock. He pulled over and gave me back the keys...
Shift.gif

BTW, it's good to know the horns are tuned to the key of F. You should also know if you leave your tuner at the house and you are out and about with the banjo, if the TV is playing a re-run of the Jefferson's theme, Moving on Up, it is played in the key of G and that will suffice in leu of your tuner....
old.gif

Troy R.
The 1282 was not built by IH, but was built by Cub Cadet Corp (CCC)from 1982-85. They were red, and the hood decal said International, but they were produced after IH sold the Cub Cadet line to CCC and were built by CCC to be sold by IH dealers. If you look at the data plate on the left frame rail it will say Cub Cadet, Cleveland, OH. IH built 82 series say International Harvestor, Chicago, IL.

Jeff, the horn could very well have been installed by the dealer. You gotta remember, this thing is older than i am!
lol.gif
I really don't care if the factory or dealer installed it......I care that it is original. Good luck on your horn project, and don't forget to make sure its tuned to the key of F..... i have a guitar tuner if you need it!
1AA_dance2.gif
Talk at you later. Bill.

Billy & Jeff,
The horn was/is a dealer installed option. Most option were dealer installed other than optional "Floatation" tires.

Bill for giggles you should check if it,s tuned to F and either way you have a cool 108 stick around here

Do any of us forum members own a cub with the optional ROPS

Paul,
Yes, all blades are mounted correctly.
Mike,
Hummmm....I might try that.

I installed a horn on my 147 to use to get the kids attention while mowing. The kids would get to close to the mower. Just a toot and they would move. I didn't know a horn was a option from the dealer.
I ordered a set of gator blades from one of the sponsors for the 44A on the 169. Installed them, mowed the lawn and was totally disapointed. Investigated the problem and i had installed all 3 upside down.

Can anyone tell me were I can find out how full to fill the transmision on my 108 I have look in the manual and could not find it and should I use straight 30 weight oil? Any help would be greatful.

Back