• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 29, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Ethan K.
I know of no info that they had plans to mass produce LP's. I do have the internal IH paperwork for the 12 that were produced.
I found the first one in S.D. and the second one in Kansas, so it might have been a regional deal, dunno for sure.

We’re they all 147s or did that convert other models also as part of the “12”?

That's cool! I've seen a 70 once that was LP, but it was a custom conversion. Guy used it in his barn to push s*** down the aisles between cow stalls. Not sure how effective it was, but your setup looks factory(I mean much cleaner, obviously it's factory!), it doesn't have to be, but it helps, over the bits and pieces he used. This one was at an estate auction.

Earl F.
it doesn't have to be, but it helps
biggrin.gif

The only propane convert I’ve seen was a year or so ago on C/L it was a 109 or a 129 I believe,up in Maine.It was only listed for a day or so.

I had to go back and watch the video 3 more times today, I don't think that line will get old soon!
At a small truck shop I worked at, we had a Clark (?) Forklift that was a LP conversion. Ford industrial 4 cylinder engine that the gasoline carburetor had been modified to use LP in some way. I wasn't aware that a whole different carb was proper. Charlie you find the best stuff!!

Imagine that - Only 12 ever built, in the entire world, and Charlie snags one! Can't say I'm surprised; it's like a 6th sense (ESPN I think). I guess if you're looking for rare Cub Cadets, you don't have to be Digger, but it helps. It does help.

That's what makes this site so great; the owner isn't in it just to make a buck. He's one of us. Only, he's better than most at finding the goodies.

Greg L. He doesn't have to be, but it helps. That has so brightened my day it's ridiculous!!
I'm also wondering if it sounds any different when running? I wouldn't think so but am curious, also if performance is the same.

Well, I got the 149 up and running yesterday. Fresh oil, got the rebuilt deck back under it, the front end all put back on, and mowed the yard. Wow, it's so quiet, steers really easy with the new thrust bearing kit(and all rebuilt front axle).

Now to get the motor out of the 127 and freshen it up. Little by little I'm working my way down the fix/repair list.

I haven't taken any pics. I have a horrible time getting them resized to post here. No matter how small I resize them with PAINT, it says too much data here. My old camera phone had no problems, but these new phones take such high resolution it makes it tough. Charlie downsized them the last time.

a---allalone.gif
icon_eek.gif

I've been crazy busy and have not done much posting. I have however been lurking when I get a few moments free.
happy.gif
Some days there's not much to catch up on...
sad.gif

I've been retired for 11 years today(just realized). Absolutely no time......
dunno.gif

Back