• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 29, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbarnett

displayname
doug barnett
Hey all pacific northwest guys & gals. Me and the wife will be attending the Sky valley tractor show in Monroe, on the weekend of Aug 9&10. if any one else will be there let me know. It would be great to having big showing of cub cadets there.

Doug, you should post more information about the show in the Plowdays & Tractor show threads.

My brother inlaw called me and said he was bringing me some cub cadet wheel weights and tires he got while scraping.

He thought yellow meant cub cadet.

288973.jpg

The rims where cub rims before someone cut some of the tire lugs off a tractor with a torch (not him).

The weights are heavy about 50 pounds.
Chains are ok, tires are trash and rims are scrap

Jeremiah, Harry,

I looked again at the right front wheel of my 1250 Nightmare, and it has up and down play, side to side play or whatever you want to call it. The wheel does not have too much end to end play, as the suggested shims are used to correct. I did notice that the inner bearing does not want to stay in the hub when the wheel is removed. I will take a drift punch and dimple the inside surface of the hub, rather than directly striking it with a hammer, to make the bearing hold itself in the hub of the wheel. That may correct some of the up/down/side play.

For good measure, I will look for some 3/4" ID shims that are .005" and .010" thick. Perhaps CaseIH or Caterpillar sells them.

As always, every problem with this machine is baffling to me. I am certainly grateful for those who aren't baffled by these great little machines. There is another parade this Saturday, and I again want to laugh at the green ones when they break down in the middle of the road. It wouldn't be good for the brand or my company; were that to happen.

Hey bob Elliot and all potential wet- grass surfers-

Internal brake cubs fly - skid down damp hills Big Time! One wheel indeed spins backwards da whole time

Only tractor skidding past ya faster would be an original cub with one locked up and the other just going.
My external brake 800 and ccc 782 are the only two that will stay stopped and that's only if they are adjusted perfectly...

Jeff B. You definitely DON'T want to mount those on your Cub Cadet. Put them inside of two Flat Rate USPS boxes and ship them to me. I'll despose of them for you. They are for those nasty green and yellow tractors.
288977.gif

JEFF - I have a pair of wheel weights almost identical to those that when I bought them back in 1970, had absolutely NO sign of paint anywhere on them... no foundry or company logo either.... not bad for $5.50/pair. They weigh 42# each... So those weights aren't necessarily JD weights, but if I had to guess, I'd agree with Marlin because of the paint. Son paid $150 a year ago for a pair of weights exactly like those. They got repainted IH 935 white after all that nasty yellow paint was blasted off.

Rear pto question. Need a shift lever for the rear pto on a 100. Anyone happen to know if the lever for a low boy is the same as for the 100? Thanks

Terry,
I'm pretty sure they are the same.
But someone better confirm it besides me.
I've never had them off side by side, but they sure do look the same.

Thanks guys! Just what I needed to know. Have a pto out of a 122 and would rather put it in a 100 (just for fun) and from what I can tell everything is the same except the shift linkage and that little detent gizmo. Have a great day!!

Jeff,
I, too used to have a set of those weights. They came on a 1250 I bought from an 80 year old gentleman that lived south of the Quad Cities. The story he gave me was he had bought the 1250 from another guy that worked at the Farmall plant. It was only a couple years old when he got it. Anyway, the gentleman I bought it from picked up the weights locally from a guy who was casting them in the area. He put them on his 1250 in the late 70's and they had been on since. Neat thing is the seller also used to work at Farmall. He was an electrician and retired a couple years before the shutdown. Heard some neat stories.....

Doug Barnett, I would love to come up your way, but the 14+ hour drive is a little tooo long. We were planning a trip up to Seattle this fall but it looks like we need to put it off until next year because of my work schedule.

Do you get many CC at the show? I don't see many on the left coast. I still can't believe I found my 1450 with a deck, scraper and #2 tiller less than 2 hours from my house.

Harry, I see external brake rear ends for sale all over the net. Two things stop me: First shipping will easily double the price. Second my 1000 was given to me by a neighbor where I grew up who treated me like family. It is all original and I want to keep it that way. If I am working hills I'll use the 1450.

Bob E I can appreciate not wanting to drive that far. one of the reasons I chose the Monroe show this year is it close to home. Maybe next year I'll do the Brooks Oregon and we could meet in between, so to speak.
Harry B. you gona make it?

I helped a friend move to Corvallis last year (Feb 2013). I pulled a trailer with her stuff up there. Oregon between the boarder and Corvallis reminded me of the midwest except no snow. I can't wait to go back.

Hey Dan G...look at the front axles, I had a late 147 that had a wide frame front axle and wheels....you know just something else to think about
happy.gif

Hello, I am new to this site and hope I am posting this to the correct area. I have a 1968 IH Cub Cadet 123 which I am cleaning up. I would like to replace the original foil dash decal which is badly worn. Can someone tell me if foil decals are available? So far, I've only been able to find vinyl ones. Thank you, Max

Max: Welcome to the Forum.
groupwave.gif

I don't know WHERE the decals are available, but judging from the dash on the 122 I recently acquired, they must be available somewhere. I can't believe my new (to me) 122 suffered the abuse it has and still retained such a pristine dash. Someone should stop by who can tell you where you might locate a new dash "decal." If worse comes to worst you can trim up a piece of aluminum on which to mount the vinyl you speak of . . ..

Max,
WELCOME.gif

I've had decals custom made before at a local sign shop. I'm sure there is one in your area. Just get a good copy/picture of what you need and they will do the rest. (you could prolly get a good copy/picture from someone here)

Back