• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 29, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mschutz

displayname
Melody Schutz
Thanks Frank, I will look into it more next weekend. I have vacation coming in a couple of weeks and I have plenty of work to do on the herd.

Hey Jeff, here is a picture of the button, right on the dashboard. I get the weirdest looks when i honk the horn at someone!
bouncy.gif
242406.jpg

Good evening all - just wanted to give a quick update on the problem I was having with the 125 charging system. History: The charging system was pushing out too much voltage and not in a consistent manner. This seemed to be either overcharging or undercharging my battery; effectively killing it. So after I switched out the battery and VR last week with no change I gave up until today. Today I went out and cleaned all contacts on the VR and the Starter/Generator. While I was there I retested the resistance between the field and armature posts, and retested the charge circuit by putting a load onto it (it slowed down as expected). Then as a last resort I removed the S/G and pulled it apart to have a look inside. It didn't look all that dirty, but I gave it a good cleaning anyway and made sure everything looked okay. Put it all back together, started it up and viola! The charge is now a nice steady 14.65v on my cheapo-meter. Not sure what area fixed it, but I'm glad to have this little demon finally put to bed.
1AA_dance2.gif

Now onto the next issue with this old beast...the brake pedal "sort of" pushes down, but does not engage the brakes, nor does it want to move the hydro lever at all. Could someone point me to a pictoral or good parts breakdown of what I should be looking at? I already checked the actual parts lookup diagram and it shows the linkages, but it does not show the parts installed. Would a service manual have this pic in it anywhere? Any help, as always, is appreciated. Thanks much,
Brent

Billy D., nice 108! Here's a bit of info on the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> horn from a Cub Cadet Parts and Accessories catalog.

242409.jpg

ok I guess my post this morning did'nt go through. maybe it got moved i'll make this short & simple..I need to buy some parts to rebuild a k-241. Should I go with a kit off ebay made up with parts from stens&rotary or should I go ahead and put kohler oem parts back in. I've heard good and bad about those kits. The crank miced out good so i'm guessin the rods good also.Cylindar neds bored 10 over , Figure I'm gonna go ahead and put new valves in instead of having them refaced. What do you guys think. Also gonna change out the exhaust to put a stack on it. Still deciding which way I want to go about it,if I want to have it threaded in or bolt on. thanks

Kraig- Thanks for the info, and compliment. I've grown quite attatched to that little thing, can't wait to push snow with it in the winter!
err.gif

Johnathan- It sounds like you are on the right path. It would depend on pricing for me, but if the Kohler kit is only a few extra dollars more, i would buy it. I haven't heard any bad about Kohler parts, in fact i just rebuilt a k241 carb with their kit. It runs like a champ. But, as i stated, price would be a big factor for me. Good Luck. Talk at you later. Bill

Bill...Well I wouldnt say kohler is just a lil more money, actually its a good bit more. Every once in a while i see nos kohler parts on ebay at a fair price , considering what a dealer wants. Soon as Iget the piston I'm goona take the block to the machine shop. I'm almost done getting it cleaned p the way I want it. I dont know how many hours I've spent with files takin all the burrs and casting flash off in between the fins. Now when you look at the block there smoothed out and the outter edge isnt rough. I know its not that big a deal,I'm not gonna gain anything from it and most of it will be covered up but it was somthing I decided to do. Also smoothin out the intake & exhaust ports. I'll have to get a few pics to post in here,I know we all like lookin at pics! lol Talk at ya later

Kraig,
WOW! I thought my horn on my 123 was just something that a P.O. rigged up. I think I have an original horn.
buttrock.gif
I'll double check next time I'm out at my parent's barn.

Jonathan S.
Your post went through just fine over in the Cool IH Cub Cadets Not OEM but better'n' new ! ! ! section!

And by all means go to sleezebay and buy from some goof that doesn't know a thing about Cubs or Kohlers rather than a Sponsor that does.

Thanks Kraig. I must have sniffed too much gas and oil yesterday.
beer2.gif
I swear I looked on the main page and must have just plain missed it. Thanks for the help!

Brent

nothing like OEM parts not to take away from stens but inside an engine I would go OEM

that horn is way cool Billy and its the first one Ive seen, wish I could here it.....

that is the first horn set up I have seen and now want one..Kraig any more info on it

whats your dealer sticker say? if you can, post a pic in sandbox= "base of operations"

Gosh Jeff, glad you would like to have one. I don't really need one myself, but i just wanted to keep it as original as possible. And, it really is unique
err.gif
. I will gladly post my dealer sticker there. I'll have it up by the end of the day. Talk to you later. Bill.

If I recall correctly that same horn and mounting bracket appeared on the 06 and 56 (maybe even the 04) series tractors. They were mounted just behind the grill screen and in front of the radiator. The button looks very familiar also.
happy.gif

Marlin thats interesting, so I could look for horn from one of those to mount on my 129

Jeff-

Why not just go to a junk yard and get one off of a car? I actually have a couple of horns around here somewhere but never thought about having one on a cub.

It also seems that if IH had horns as options there should be a lot of NOS horns around since it's quite rare to find them on cubs.

Wayne I thought of that and one of my daughters suggested the dukes of hazzard horn.

NOS I never thought about that and I can't imagine too many different type of IH horns

sounds like I need a want ad

MARLIN - I bet if you traced the origins of that horn back far enough you'd find it was used on an IH truck back in the 1940's or '50's.

Back