• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 26, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Kinda OTF.
326257.jpg

I like it, except for the gearstick behind the seat!?

Does this odd placed stick change the gears in the front tranny, which is turned around backwards under the front?

If the tranny is turned around backwards, wouldn't it only have one speed which would have been the reverse originally?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Marty,

If you flip the ring gear Fwd becomes Rev and Rev becomes Fwd.....

I like the 284 FWA with loader in the background!!!!

Thanks for that info, Steve.

Since it is OTF, someone in Cornell, Illinois bid/bought a nice #2 cart for $70 a few days ago.
They were the only bidder.

What’s the best way to mount tires on wheels that are painted?

I spent the day at an old iron show at Thresherman Park in Boonville, Indiana. Because I've been really slowed down by rheumatoid arthritis, I came up with a new plan this year. I mounted all my displays on trailers and left them loaded except for our articulated Cub Cadet. It sure made my life a lot easier.

326261.jpg

326262.jpg

326263.jpg

Timothy,

I lay mine front side down on cardboard and put the tires on.
That way the scratches will be on the inside.
You can touch up those scratches after they are on and inflated.

Paul F Not only easier on you, but puts the tractors and implements closer to eye level for the spectators. I may just leave a couple on the trailer myself at the county fair next week!

I have a question for the members; I was given a trailer a few weeks ago. Not sure what brand it is but I need to replace the tires and before I start prying on the hubs, I want to see if anyone has seen this type before and know how to remove it without damage. Thanks

326273.jpg

326274.jpg

John,

Nice trailer. Do you have any pics of the whole trailer?

Are you referring to removing the tire, or the wheel from the trailer?

If you are talking about removing the tire, just lay the wheel face down on some cardboard and use a couple of large flat screwdrivers.

Begin by going around the inside of the rim slowly prying the tire from the rim.
It will take several passes around the rim to finally get the tire seal loose from the rim.

Just be patient. Don't try to break the seal in the first few passes.
You could bend/scratch the rim if you try to pry too much at one time.
Remember, patience is the key.
thumbsup.gif

John-

Those appear to be plastic hubcaps and if so they should pop off with some gentle persuasion with a pry bar. Once the caps are off the rest should be obvious as to how to remove the wheel. My guess would be a snap ring or "E" clip.

Wayne, Marty, Thanks. I don't have any of the whole trailer yet will get some and post later. I want to remove the caps to remove the wheels. I have a small tire changer that I purchased from HF several years ago and want to use that to mount new tires. Just hadn't seen any like this before, used to the small metal cap like most hubs have. Once I get them off I will let you know what they were.

When i do tire work at home, I mix up some dish soap and water in a spray bottle and apply it generously around the bead ,it lubes up the tire and bead
And I also have a small set of tire irons to work things with, you can get them at any farm store, large screw drivers work, but i have tried to stab my self if your not careful, and wear leather gloves to save you hands, safety first

Went to a small local show today, hosted by some relatives.

Nice turn out of mixed equipment and some great steam powered threshing, straw baleing, shingle cutting, corn shelling, etc. Took the diesel and disk out and knocked down some ground the big tractors plowed....rough going, but fun.

Steve,

What? No pics?!!

bottom.gif
worthless.gif
lol.gif

John,

You should be able to pull those caps off with your hands. Just make sure you use leather gloves.
I am betting there is a cotter pin holding that wheel on.

Had a weird one last time I mowed with the 73. The tractor would shut down intermittently, I discovered the ignition switch would suddenly turn to the off position by itself. I actually finished the day by holding the key in the on position. 8-(

I figured I'd just replace the switch with a new one but honestly.. all the new ones look like chinese junk! I figured I'd just run a hot wire off a toggle switch to bypass the original ignition switch. But before I started using it this morning, I tried a penetrant/lube spray and blasted the cylinder after removing the key. Then I slid the key in and out several times and applied more penetrant/lube spray and it seemed better, but I wasn't certain. I later ran the tractor for 3 hours mowing non-stop without a issue! So for now I'm happy.

I took a few pics on my phone, but haven't downloaded them yet......

I did put the disk to use on some hard dry ground, drew a little crowd watching it work.....

Back