• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 26, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a '69 127 and I have a question about the front tires. The wheels slide laterally along the spindle, is this normal? Meaning there is just enough slack that the rim will slide back and forth on the spindle (not much, 1/8 of an inch or so). The reason I ask is that I recently lost a rim because a bearing failed. The other cause of the failure might be due to my largeness and the hills in my yard. The tractor leans when I mow some spots in my yard (to the point that I counter balance by leaning the other way). I doubt the bearing failure was negligence as I keep things well lubed with grease. Thoughts?

I have a 100 that won't start. I have spark and fuel, it acts like the engine is spinning the wrong direction. Air is coming out of the carb and the muffler draws my hand when held close while cranking. Is this possible? What is causing this? I have never seen this tractor run so I suppose it may have the wrong starter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan G.-

Take a look at what direction the engine is spinning when it is cranking...from the PTO end of the engine (the front of the tractor), it should turn counter-clockwise. I bet somebody put a clockwise starter/generator on it.

Blayne E.-

The inner bearing race on the correct wheel bearings sticks out a bit so that when you tighten the bolt that holds it on, it preloads the bearings slightly. If you have the wrong bearings, wrong wheel, wrong washer, or any of the above really worn, what you are describing will happen. In one sentence, the wheels aren't supposed to have axial play on the spindle like that.

Keith B.-

86, 108, 109, 128, 129, 149, 169.

Keith B.-

I should also mention that the upper grille from an 800/1000/1200/1250/1450/1650 will bolt up but not be "correct" for that model.

Matt G
Thanks, when I stand in front of the tractor looking at the grill the engine is turning counter-clockwise. So this is correct. Could my camshaft be out of time?

Ryan G-
You said you have spark, but I wonder if it's showing up at the right time.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Have you checked the point gap?

Latest posts

Back