• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 21, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good evening ! I have a very nice running 149 that is supposed to be freshly rebuilt that needs the motor mount bolts repaired as two or three of them are stripped. I was wondering what the current fix is for those threads. As I have enough parts to re-install the pto I figure on pulling the motor this weekend and tackling both jobs.

Kraig.....no hurry & no need to "take one for the Forum". I'll order the pad & it will all come together in due time. Thanks
David

Kraig - Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos - thanks for posting the pics of your brown 107. To bad you don't still have the rubber pad. It would be nice to see if it did or didn't have the notch cut-out.

David - yup, I see Charlie sure'nuf has the rubber brake/clutch pedal pad. You'll need to make sure the plate has the spacer build up that Kraig mentions or you will have to make a bigger notch in the rubber pad and it may not stay mounted well if you do.

Also, if you look closely at the pics of the plate you'll see it has a hole in it. Not sure what that's there. Doesn't do anything that I know of so I don't think you need to drill the hole.

And thus ends another story about a unique IH item only known to a few, and not even some of the Correct Police. Lets keep this info within our organization here. We don't want everyone to know what we know do we?
bash.gif
biggrin.gif

Brian - if you've got stripped threads in 3 of the 4 engine bolt mounting holes I'd really recommend getting a new oil pan - and I'd go for cast iron rather than the aluminum. The cast iron typical does not strip out.

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 126
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 124
Kraig, Harry, Where will I stand with the "correct police" if I put a pedal pad on my 122 worker? Harry, that's a "lightning hole" on the plate.......gotta keep the weight down or she'll never get off the ground!

David

I think the hole is to let air out as you snap the rubber pad on.
dunno.gif

The temp plummeted to 88 and I had a few other things to do outside soooooo, the plate is 3/32" thick, the spacer is 1/4" thick, the corners are 1/4" radius.

307168.jpg

Attachments

• dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 307168.jpg
    307168.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 307168.jpg
    307168.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 122
Thank you for the advice . I am finding it to be my favorite Cub Cadet. Luck has it that an iron pan is for sale about ten miles from home. As this will always be a work tractor I am also in the market for a really great seat to put on it.

Kraig, thanks for all the numbers & I'm guessing you didn't get stung.
David

The notch is clearance for the pedal arm the plate is welded to

a---allalone.gif

Attachments

• a---allalone.gif
    a---allalone.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 127
Back