• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 19, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greenthumb.gif

I am working on a 108 Cub Cadet and I can not figure out why its not charging I tried a starter generator and I had a used VR and no luck. I have a new VR but it has 3 terminals on the side and one on the bottom. The ones on the sides are marked F,Bat,L and the bottom one is not marked. Would anyone know if I can use this VR and how should I hook it up and if there is something I need to do after I hook it up. Thanks, Joey.

Would I need to jumper from the bat. terminal to the gen. terminal on that regulator that's the new one I have. Do you have to do that on used ones to or is that a one time thing when they are new I have not had many of these with the starter generator so I am trying to remember what I did do to them when I had them. Thanks, Joey.

Joey, to add a little to Charlie's photo, here's some info from a really OLD post:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

"By Kmcgiver (Kmcgiver) on Sunday, November 28, 1999 - 10:53 pm:
To Mark Huffman and all: Good Point
Regulators have varied over the years. I would never go by any pic.
Your best bet is to remove the wire and look and see what the terminal says.
BAT, F, GRD, GEN. There are two different part numbers listed for the regulators and
they will interchange. There is a Terminal "L" on a 121577-C1 on the Orig and such
the only thing it did was provide power to the ign coil. The 545130-R92 used on 149,s
and the like only have four terminals. To use one of the newer style on the older
tractor all one has to do is connet the wire that went to the "L" post on the reulator
to the battery side of the starter sole. To use a old style reg on a newer tractor don't
hook anything to the "L" post.
Never know what people like me have done in the past
I have a 100 right now with the later style reg. "<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

<font size="-1">The post quoted above was primarily written as info to connect up a 3 terminal style regulator in a tractor that originally had a 4 terminal regulator. Rather than connecting a 4 terminal regulator into a tractor that originally had a 3 terminal regulator like you are doing. However, note the text that I made bold. And, here's additional info that forum member Roland Bedell compiled. Hope this helps.</font>

321456.jpg

I remember Don Tanner (may he rest in peace) had a time with his voltage regulators. Charlie helped him "recover" from more than one installation, if I recall correctly.
smile.gif

You're right, Jeremiah! Hard to think of a V/R without thinking of Don. I think he fried a couple brand new ones using that bottom terminal for a ground. He was never afraid to admit a mistake and we all learned a lot from the ones he made.
happy.gif

I hear people who put a xtra washer behind the clutch loading spring to help stiff in if up. I made a new drive shafts and did not drill the hole for a roll pin since I went with a 2 pc collar.also got thicker washers. Since the spring is new and the bearing is to, how far should I compress the spring before I lock it down. Manual says 4 & 1/2 in. Is that good or should I go a lil less.

Has anyone added dual hydraulics to a 149???? I’m playing with idea of using the carcass of my double stick 1450 to add the dual hydraulics to the 71 149 I just picked up,but I have to say I’m a little conflicted should I tamper with originality of an early 149?

Latest posts

Back