• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 15, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know for Kohler One-Lung K3X1 Series Engines, is the anything special about the 3/16" square key for the flywheel from a strength perspective or will standard 3/16" key stock work? I'm rebuilding a K301 and have misplaced the square key.

Rom S.
Nothin special, go for it.
thumbsup.gif

Seeing as it's Friday...

My Off Topic Allis Chalmers has a new battery, freshly cleaned carb with new gaskets, rebuilt fuel pump, new fuel lines, fuel filter and shut-off valve. Starts and runs great. Now I just need to figure out why the left brake appears to be locked up when I didn't even have the parking brake set.
bash.gif
rant.gif

EDIT: I also replaced the choke control cable this week. Last fall I had cleaned the fuel tank out with muriatic acid and changed the oil and oil filter...twice due to the leaking fuel pump and/or carb allowing gas into the crankcase. The fuel lines, fuel filter and shut-off valve were also replaced last fall.

326218.jpg

326219.jpg

326220.jpg

Here's my off topic Friday contribution.
This is what I've been working on today. This is a mold that makes the coils for the PTO on riding lawn mowers. I have no idea what mowers, but hey maybe Cub Cadet. This is a mold that I designed and I had to do a test run off today to make sure everything worked as it should. It was successful and the mold ran great. The machine is a 150 ton Milacron.
326227.jpg

326228.jpg

326229.jpg

326230.jpg

326231.jpg

Shultzie,

Wow! That looks cool.
popcorn.gif

Glad your design worked as intended. Congrats.

Hey guys-
I got an issue with my 42in mower deck (cast iron ends) center blade. I thought the center blade was bend, however it is not. So, my question is would my center spindle housing be wore out or just rebuilt the insides? Thanks for your help.

Justin,

You will have to take it apart and see.

If the bearings did not lock up and spin inside the housing, they may be ok.
Also, check for a cracked housing.

I am no expert on these decks, some of the other guys can give you more specifics.

Back