• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 15, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrschmitt

displayname
Ron R. Schmitt
Frank S,

As Richard P. pointed out on a possible exhaust leak by your muffler clamp, I noticed that the paint on your governer arm looks like its getting very hot and has some carbon build up on it. If those hot exhaust gases get to the carb, they can cause a vapor lock.

Hey boys,its been awhile since ive posted"sorry",I wanted to show you what I have been working on and with,this thing has really surprised me on how well it works,its all home made even the three point hitch,you know what they say"where theres a will"any way what do you think??

162676.jpg

P.S.I hope that Im sending this right its been awhile.

I am looking for a dirt/snow blade for my 129 and haven't been able to find one locally. I have found one for a narrow frame at a reasonable price. Can anyone tell me if the framework for the narrow frame plow could be modified to fit the wide frame? they look very similar. It looks as thought the push arms need to be bent, but I am not sure that they are the same length and the ears for the front of the frame would need to be modified to fit the quick disconnect on my 129. Also is the lift arm the same length? Has anyone done this type of mod?

I have got a few more,the bucket is 36"wide by 14"tall by 19"deep.It will lift the bucket full of hard clay dirt to about 11"of clearance under the bucket and 2"after it has been tripped.

162684.jpg

162685.jpg

Jerry Dostie,
The sub frames are different and you can't use one on the other. The lift rods are IIR different lengths and the lift arms are different. The blade itself can be used with differing sub frames.

Sorry about not posting the pics the right way,
1a_scratchhead.gif
Maybe I can post them 1 at a time??

Richard,
thank you for the info. I will keep looking for a setup that will actually fit without modifications

Im going to try and post a couple more "or untill charlie or brian kicks me off for not posting the right way"sorry agian boys".I made the pics as small as I could but am doing some thing wrong,I need to spend more time learning about computers and less time fabing.

I will try and sneek a couple more later,the bucket works real nice but a full load is about all it wonts to lift,is this about the max I should try??I also made a ripper-back hoe arm for the reece hitch three point,it also make switching attatchments quick,I will get pics soon.

Brian and Charlie,I just found the f.a.q. about posting pics and I will be learning the right way before reposting,thanks for being patient with us slow learners.
thumbsup_old.gif

Ken,
As long as you put the code for the pics in a list with no other text next to or right before they will show up one under the other. I always make sure I hit the enter key so there is extra space between where the pics should show up and the text message I want displayed.

BTW, nice fab work and looks like it does as you want it to. I'd say the bucket you built plus any contents is about all I'd want to lift with that. You may need to build an extra weight bracket up from for counter balance.

Thanks for the compliments on the 59M. It has seen very little use. The hammers look almost new. I can't wait to try it out. I have it on my 73 right now just because it is the only QA tractor I have right now. I am sure the 7hp is not enough engine but it should at least spin the thing up. I may have to buy a higher HP tractor or try to mount this thing on my 782. We'll see what happens.

Art,
Thanks for the pics. I should be able to get one made from them. Also, it has the bar screen installed in it right now.

Thanks Kieth L.I will try that the next time I post a pic.I was wandering could I over load the bucket and hurt the lift or would it just not lift the load??

Only a little progress on the 102 today. I used the thick carburetor mounting gasket on my 129, and the thin one I had turned out to be used, and so brittle it broke when I picked it up, so it will mean a trip by the dealer for a gasket, at least. I did get the gas tank mounted, as well as the fuel settling bowl, installed a new o-ring on the shutoff valve, painted the grille, and installed the coil.

While the engine is still on the stand I'd like to install the carburetor, and get all the linkages ready for the control cables. I also need to remove some paint from the inside of the pilot bushing and the driveshaft it mates up with.
I'm getting close!!
wink.gif

Kraig-

Yep!
happy.gif

I painted the footrests with some BBQ grille black, and they look kinda brown in the sun
swear.gif
I don't know if I'll shoot some other black over the top, or what. We'll see. I primed all of the white stuff, and a couple yellow things I forgot to paint. I hope I didn't forget anything else
uhoh.gif

162698.jpg

162699.jpg

162700.jpg

Bruce Nolte,
I don't suppose you would know the size of the o-ring you put in your sediment bowl. And do ya just remove the nut pull out the stem and pick out the old one? Couldn't you have found and easier place to remove paint from? I'm waiting on pictures when your all done.

Ken-
Nice bucket. You did good work on that...

Mind if I ask a question about your cub?

What are the bolts that look like remote battery posts on the back of the fender-deck for?

Also, what do you use the chain for?

Just curious.....

John-
Glad to help...
happy.gif

Back