• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 15, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought my first cub cadet 126 about 6 months ago. I recently started looking for additional cubs and found a 122, 105, and 124. 122 and 105 in rough shape but were priced very cheap. The 124 is in very good condition. I have bought a 1450 for a $1000 that runs with the following attachments: snow thrower, tiller, three point hitch, mower deck, plow, and cultivators. I don't know anything about the 1450 models. Anybody who could share the good/bad info on this model would be a great help.

Richard P.
I feel it everywhere, the seat, the hood, and the frame as I pull uphill cutting a full swath of heavy grass.

A pictorial update on the 102:
happy.gif

162709.jpg

I still have to hook up the S/G, wiring, and will need to put the front casting on before I can try to fire her up. Will probably bolt the engine down before I call it a night though. A couple of extra things on the like to do list are to replace the choke, and maybe the throttle cable. The choke cable has a plastic housing that binds, and the throttle cable is covered in paint. I may have some good spiral wound housing to take care of both of them, but that will be a job for another day.

where can I find a blow up illustration as well as a pic of an "Original" deck; either from new or a "properly restored" one??? I have one in pcs that I need to get back into 1 piece!!!

oh I forgot; what's the availability on trans seals?? We pulled teh E brake for the trip home in the back of my truck and it started leaking gear oil!! No leaky til we did so either.

just got home from camping and its raining
bash.gif
. was going to take the 149 and 147 out for a spin lol.Wife has 4 weeks this time. I want to work on putting my 129 loader back on the cub but to save
shame.gif
a row i`ll just read the posts here. I need to see some Cub Pictures . later Don T
worthless.gif

coffee.gif

Frank S., are you saying the problem was the exhaust gases leaking onto the carb causing a vapor lock condition? If so.
groupwave.gif

Bruce, looking good!

Don,

162725.jpg

162726.jpg

The exploded parts view is from this: ORIGINAL DECK MANUAL

Karig, I have a question for you. In your archives of cub brochures I want to see if electric lift was offered on the 1250. I know this was on the 147 and that manual or hydraulic was on the WF and QL. All the time Scott and I went to the local cub dealers I do not remember seeing an electric lift on the show room floor or in any of the brochures I picked up (wish I still had them). There is a 1250 for sale near me that the owner indicates electric lift. In the pictures, I can not see a lift lever, manual or hydraulic. Want to see if this is a home made set up before I go look at it. Thanks in advance.

Here's the cover and complete page where that excerpt is from.

162735.jpg

162736.jpg

One question on the QL Electric Lift. Looking at the Owners and Service Manuals, the electric lift looks to mount it the same place as the hydraulic cylinder does. Could a ported pump (I would assume it does not have one) the cylinder and associated lines, valves and levers be swapped in from a wideframe/quietline? Are there any real issues with the electric lift? I know that alot of 147's have had them replaced with a manual or aux. hydraulic lift. Or is it just a lack of maintenance/high cost of repair that normally caused the switch?

Latest posts

Back