• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 13, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gerry, yep, it's only 90MB or so. In case you've not found it, the BGC files are on CD#1, they are in the "MiscCubStuff1" folder. There should be 3 Word documents that make up the complete set of posts. Not sure how they got fragmented into 3 files, I was probably editing them and didn't get around to finishing them.
blush.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif
BTW, the forum posts are in the various "CubArcXX" sub-folders found in the "Archived Cub Photos" folder. BTW2, I'm up to CubArc66 which has over 300MB of archived files, time to start the CubArc67 folder...
proud.gif

I'll have to burn a CD to send to you (I see you're behind I'll have to send the Volume 5 DVDs as well). 'Course now everyone is gonna want them...
194050.gif
lol.gif

Course now everyone is gonna want them...

I'll wait until CubArc68 folder comes out - these things can get you into trouble at work as one has a tendency to get lost in them and burn up "work" time.

Kraig, have anyone who wants copies to send you a 4gig flash drive.<font size="-2">About $12 lately</font>. That will load up quick on a USB2 port. Quicker to find stuff than on a CD. Your a nice guy, but your time is money too.... JAT

Dave, Sorry for he slow reply on your recommendation of ckecking the volts and ohms at the coil. The only procedure I could find for checking the coil was on page 8.5 Ignition Coils Breakerless Type Ignition Coil in the service manual. My K301 has breaker points. Is there another procedure? Thxs.

Jim I dont know how to move images on the Forum, so later somebody will show a diagram. Meanwhile the drawing says 4 to 8 ohms from the +&- terminals. 7,000 to 12,000 ohms from + to tower. But from what I have read here the best check is swapping it out out. You could carry your meter and quick check it when it fails...be interesting to know if you find anything.
PS: no reading from any terminal to the case!

Jim: New Game. Go to the SEARCH function and try this:
Search by keyword:
Search for: Coil Test
Keyword options: "And" (Match all keywords)
Match method: Whole words only
Match case: Case insensitive (case does not matter)
Look in: Text of messages
I've never tried this way of teaching. If it doesn't work let me know. Let me know if it does!
smile.gif

Showoff!
(Did you get that seat wholesale?)
thumbsup_old.gif

Damn, decals and all!

seeing charlies picture of the 169 reminded me of a picture of my 70 from a couple weeks ago. i took all of the pulling wieghts off, wheelie bars off, and did a full round of service. i even changed the tires out for a better set that actually hold air. the 23-10.50x12 tires on the back never held air so i put my new pair of extra 23-8.50x12 tires on back and the 4.80x8 ag treads on the front. a few people have thought it is a 4x4 tractor but they are wrong lol

194072.jpg

OK, I did the search for coil test as suggested by Frank and found a diagram date 12/15/2009 which I belive is the diagram Allen was referring to.
Tested my coil with the following values:
+ to - = 3.7 - 4.1 ohms,
+ to tower 8470 ohms.
I have continuity from the coil mounting bracket to + and - on the coil. Per the service manual, 8.5, I should not have continuity on the +. Again, the manual indicates this test applies to breakless type ignition coils. My 1250 is not breakerless. Is the continuity the smoking gun that could be causing my problem of the engine dieing after a 1-2 minutes at 3/4 to full throttle??

first time posting here. nice 169 charlie, makes me want to get mine restored right now

Nick: Welcome:
groupwave.gif
All those Cubs AND from Minnesota, you've found a home. We're a motley crew - pun intended!
Jim: You passed the SEARCH function test with flying colors!!
thumbsup_old.gif

That last line - "Infinity (no ohms) from case ground to any terminal" has a great chance of being your smoking gun.
On a personal note, sometimes I envy those with just one of these beasts to care for, but then there's a lot of times when the "known good part" is handy to have on another machine.
wave.gif

Frank:
I suffered through 20 years of field engineering staff wanting to take a part off one of the other mainframes to "test", then ending up with two out of three mainframes down, having to explain the rational to the Director and s..tting big bricks until they got BOTH running again...The 129's still got all ITS parts and the 149 won't see ANY of 'em
clappy.gif

Charlie
drool.gif

glad to see you got to that 169 and did that refurb.Got to be real easy when you have all the parts you need to finish right there lol.

Scott T

coffee.gif
lurking.gif

GERRY - Never say "Never". I'm pretty much that way myself, won't rob parts from one machine to another to get or keep it running. But the day I had THREE igntion coils fail while running the 72 & lawn vac I had to take the coil off the 129 to finish mowing. At least I had a new points & condensor to replace the points on the K181 after the last coil did an imitation of "Ole Faithful" and boiled the oil out the top terminal. The points got hot enough the plastic melted around the spring.

I had a 5A fuse in the wire from the 72's battery to the coil to power the K181's ignition. I was shocked so little current could do so much damage to a coil & points. The little K181 was running poorly as the coil puked the oil out but still kept chugging trying to run. I finally had to choke it to shut it down while I killed the ignition.

Finally another "Look what followed me home" story.
I went to pick up a cheap golf cart Saturday to resell and I saw this Spirit of '76 along the way. So I figured if I sell this golf cart quick I could get this Cadet. It all worked out and I came out with a $100 in my pocket. (that doesn't happen often) It looks like Jackson has claimed it already. Bought from the original owner.

194080.jpg

194081.jpg

194082.jpg

194083.jpg

194084.jpg

194085.jpg

Hey guys! I havent been on here in a long time. I have been doing some brain storming on turning my 106 into a 107. I have a 123 sitting out in my shed and was wondering if all the hydro stuff would possibly work on the 106? Also was wondering if this was worth the effort?

Back