• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 13, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott, that sounds like a lot of work. First step would be to compare the 123 to the 106 using the Parts Lookup exploded views. Wouldn't hurt to compare the 107 exploded drawings as well. Might be easier to cut the QA mounts off of the 106 and weld them onto the 123. Don't forget to mount the QA studs (Frankenstein bolts) to the 123 frame as well. For those you'll need to locate where to drill the holes then use nuts to hold them on. The 106 will have captive nuts (as in welded on) for the QA studs. I bet you could find a roller 1x7 chassis for fairly cheap and if you were to sell the 106 chassis to a puller looking for a gear drive chassis, you might come out money ahead.

Jimmy L I had a similiar problem on my 1200 and it ended up being the wire to the coil that had a spot that would move slightly and ground out somewhere behind the engine.

Kent S: Congratulations on getting that SO76!

Please take note of the seat on my SO76... It, too, had to be recovered. The auto upholstery shop, I took it to, recovered it using auto vinyl top material in what the technician said was GM White.

The engine should be IH 2150 Red like the rest of the chassis. The deck, grille/hood, wheels and fenders are IH 935 White

Did you get the Operator's manual with it. It's the same as the standard Model 76 Operator's Manual except the SO76 version has a red/white/blue cover.

Take care of that white steering wheel and the white center cap...both are looooong NLA and basically impossible to find. Of course, new replacement decals are available if needed.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom
194093.jpg

Kent great find, I have the spirit of 76 on my cub want list.

Jimmy L.
Make sure the points are open when you make that test or disconnect the wire to the points. With the wire to the points connected and the points closed, you should get no resistance on the negative side and a high resistance on the positive side of the coil. You will have continunity even if the coil is good.

SCOTT - Welcome back. I have to agree with Kraig on converting your 106 to a 107. The hydro rearend itself bolts in quickly, only six bolts. But the only thing going in your favor on the linkages & driveshafts is both tractors, the 123 & 106/7 are narrow frames. The clutch/brake linakage and all the hydro speed control liakages and the driveshafts would have to be sorted out.

I think Kraig has the right idea, look for a running Hydro, or a sound chassis and drop your 106's engine in it. Even a WF, 109/129/149 are great tractors and common enough to be inexpensive. I left 169's out only because they're rare and normally sell for much more money.

Myron if you need a place to park all those IH products I have room near this sign
clappy.gif

194096.jpg

How freely should a k301 spin when out of the tractor with the head off? mine spins really easy with no resistance. I am trying to decide how far I need to go with this engine while I have it out, cub funds are almost at 0

Allen, regarding the 4gig flash drive suggestion. The Forum Archives runs close to 3.5GB. The *complete* set of Forum Archives with the extra info that I usually send out is currently closer to 10GB.

Back