• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 10, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Here's what we had from recent storm damage.

This:
288287.jpg

And about 15 minutes with this:
288288.jpg

Equals this: 2+ heaping wheelbarrow loads of mulch.
288289.jpg

This is really gonna come in handy this fall puttin' the garden to bed!!

Hydro Harry... I would have put a picture up , but I haven't been able to get into my email in a long time .

Dennis F - my apologies since I misunderstood your comments about the black paint. And thanks for posting the spring measurements specs. Not sure if Bob can verify his since it's currently installed.

David S - very interesting comment about the very lower part of the Quiet Line dash pedestal (at the level of the bolts to the frame) is painted yellow. Mine were as well and I had forgotten that. That sure makes it seem like IH was installing the pedestal and then masking it off before the yellar painting.
Dennis - any comments on this? You mentioned before that masking is costly and time consuming.

Oh, David S - looks to me like it's time either for - a BIGGER wheel barrow, OR one load in a No. 1 Cart, OR a partial load in a No. 2 Cart, OR a half load in a No. 4 Cart (I left out the No. 3 Cart since it uses solid rubber tires like a little wheel barrow).

HARRY - About the only masking we did at FARMALL was sliding heavy cardboard tubes over the exposed axle bars so they didn't get painted red. And the little serial number plates on the starter, generator or alternator, and the IH serial number plate... they all had specific die cut masks with PSA, just crack & peal and place - DONE! Takes twice as long to read as it takes to do.

Things like hoses, belts, and wire harnesses typically weren't masked, or they were installed after painting. All depends on how many people had to get around and over or under the tractor in the alloted time in that station too. When running only one shift of assembly, the guys only had about THREE minutes to do whatever they needed to do.

I do well remember the first thing that happened after the paint booth on the start line at FARMALL was, the cardboard tubes were removed and stuffed into a 55 ga barrel, then the two 12V batteries were slid into the battery boxes and hooked up, and the inspector set his wooden stool on the operator's platform, jumped up on the platform and sat down, started the engine and did the first HOT TEST of the engine, trans, brakes, hydraulics, steering, etc. First time the tractor was ever started.He spent about two minutes testing stuff, and a good minute writing notes on the inspection report that went with the tractor down the line with the build ticket on the tractor.

OHHH And DAVE S. - I have about two SEMI trailer loads of brush you can chip up with your 59M. It's not all cut down yet, but I can fix that in an hour or so.

Well today was a nice Cub Cadet FIRESTONE Day! I got to handle some VERY nice 10.5" Stones and Wide front Tri-ribs Stones! I was just the delivery haul-to-n-fro guy. I was thinking of how I could get these onto one of MY Cub Cadets but I didn't get the chance.

288292.jpg

Kraig,
I ordered a new lift lever and I also ordered the one you pictured as I noticed the pin holes were elongated on mine.
Thanks for the help.

Dennis - now ya got me thinking about all the decals IH used on the Quiet Line series. 2 full length on each side panel. 1 full length on each side of the hood, matched to one on each side of the dash, big decal on the center frame cover, and on one side of the cover, decal on the side of the frame, IH decal on the rear of the fenders. That's alot of decal work and would have to require alot of time at assembly. Probably took more time to put the decals on than it did to paint the whole tractor.

Vincent - that's some nice meat there
(and about that "to-n-fro", isn't that "to the guy" and "fro the guy")
roflol.gif

Nice pile of mulch.

The real question of course is: what color is the clutch spring in that 1200 running that chipper/shredder?

Ya..Vince; you want them Stone's so your plow tractor will look like mine!!!!!.
roflol.gif

Hey ya'll they are mine to go on my 1650 if I ever
Get it together. He just took them to be mounted . Talk about
Frothing at the mouth!!
Kinda a result of RPRU, no will power, and a little bit
Of a need.
But for sure, the tires and the 1650 will out live me.

Ron- Last week I personally had the very same tire in my arms,.....those puppy's are so sweet! By the time the 10.5 turf are seriously worn out ( very soon I hope ), I just might..........

get'em for the 1450
worthy.gif

HARRY - Decals were "Product Identification". It was something marketing required and could charge for. Masking things from paint really wasn't a marketable expense. The plant ATE the expense of masking.

my kids were helping get 2 of the tractors ready for a show tomorrow
288307.jpg

288308.jpg

Dave S.,
The shredder did a nice job of eating that brush. Looks like a very handy piece of equipment. Always good to be able to use our attachments and not just stare at them. Thanks for sharing.
thumbsup_old.gif

Chris,
The cubs look good. I like the fact the bucket matches the one cub. Neat pic!

Good thing I took those Pics of the 10.5" Stones prior to loading them, because there was some drool dripping onto them while moving them after they were mounted.

Harry - I picked these tires and rims up at my Dad's house delivered to the shop to get them installed, then brought them back to my dad. Hence the "to-n-fro".

Mounting tires is not hard, but sometimes just NOT easy - a simple $18 cash took care of this install.

I'm excited to drive his new 1650 with these on when he gets done with it. He went to pick up a 1450 and found the engine to be a K341 !!! LUCKY!

Chris R,

Nice to see your young one's learning to give their (your) Cubbies some TLC.

Chris R
I've not seen any finished pics of the yellow cub for a long while. (before today)
Looks good!!!!!!!!!! Is there some were I could get a better look at it?

My wife still talks about me getting one of mine fixed and painted pink for our granddaughter.

Both look great.

Vincent - I thought "to-n-fro" meant "to the guy", and then later after dark "from the guy".

Now, about finding a K341 in a 1450 - well that's just not correct, and these units just have to be done correctly. Please pull the engine and send it out to me. I'll find a 1650 in need of one and return it to life. What ever you do don't listen to those guys that tell you to just change the decals on the side of the dash to 1650. That just doesn't work because the serial tag still shows it to be a 1450.
In fact, I was just thinking, after you mount those NEW STONES, why don't you send the WHOLE tractor out to me. I'll find you a correct unit.

Dennis - so the Marketing Dept could "charge" for decals as part of the production costs? That seems like the more decals the more the cost.

Back