• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 10, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wyatt, Ron, Charlie...To my knowledge Navistar does NOT have the usage rights to the IH logo or the term 'International Harvester'. Navistar has the registered trademark rights only to the 'International' name in connection with trucks (read non-ag). The IH logo, International Harvester , Farmall, McCormick-Deering, etc., all were purchased by Tenneco at the time of the AG Division divestiture and these registered trademarks were assigned to their Case/IH division, now owned by Case New Holland (and whoever owns them - Fiat??).

If anyone has something factual (no war stories please) that differs, I would like to see it.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

When the 2002 Farm progress show was in Iowa the representatives from McCormick Tractors International told me the same story that Myron posted. McCormick tried everything they could to buy the rights to certain IH related things. They said they were extremely fortunate to be able to use the things they could in their advertising.

Fiat owns the IH logo and Navistar uses the International logo. To have advertising showing the old Cub Cadet tractors with the International and IH logos would be a nightmare to coordinate since both companies would want to profit in some way since they've been paying to maintain copyrights.

I don't want to bring things down, but MTD I'm sure has a limited budget for marketing. When I worked at John Deere the Waterloo Works (where they began making tractors) celebrated a big anniversary. They had a big open house and some hitstorical tractors, and some hand-selected privately owned tractors were on display (ones with significance or were just rare). At the time Chad Little drove the #23 NASCAR and showed up and signed autographs. The big question is what would/should MTD do within their budget for just a portion of their brand offering . . . would they need to do the same for White, Bolens, or Troy Built? Those have a rich history as well.

Good points Wyatt, but I'm still kicking around what should be done by MTD for the 50th of the little 7hp that could.

Brownsville, Tn. is close to me I would like to bring my CCO #515 to the event.

I've been trying to get this written for days now. But, wouldn't it be worth getting all of the interested parties together or just to get permission to use the logos for a sanctioned event? Who cares who owns what, a spring show at either Brownsville or an MTD plant would be great although I would lean towards Brownsville.

What about having club sponsored booths and such. Seems like having different organizations representing interset in Cub would be good for all. Maybe we could have a member supported booth advertising our own events, web site and sponsers. How about finding differnt folks that may have had a hand in designing and building to do some short presentations?

I just want to see a Ertl 1:16th scale precision Cub Cadet Original made with all the correct details. This would be the time to make it happen and have that model be the show tractor at first, have it marked or otherwise be different from the standard production model that would be avaible after the event was over. Its time the whole IH line of cubs started getting made in diecast. The whole CC line has been largely ignored in the scale model catagory. Cheers Mike

I agree with Mike, that it would be nice if Scale Models or some one would build the 1/16th of the rich heritage of cub cadets. My uncle had Ertl come to his farm to photograph and measure his farmall B to do a model. I,m sure there are many guys that would love to have there tractors subjected to that for other collectors to be able to have the toy versions for display. I will call my uncle to see if he has any phone numbers to contact them.

Maybe MTD should have the big OCC Birthday Bash in conjunction with Red Power Roundup and the OCC could be the feature tractor along with all other IH built Cub Cadets.

When the anniversary is celebrated I hope I have my 1971 IH Johnnie Reb pickup restored by that time and can pull a couple of my Cub Cadets to it with the truck.

Had an intresting couple of meetings this afternoon in Dyersville with some folks at Ertl and then with SpecCast.
In my best Forrest Gump voice- That's all I'm gonna say about thaaaat!
whistling.gif

Charlie P. You didn't visit with the also good people at Scale Models? At least they give out souvenir toy tractors at the yearly Fall Toy Show.
biggrin.gif

Charlie-
Down at Ertl huh? So how's Steve doing lately? ;) I saw him a few weeks ago but didn't get a chance to talk to him.

Haven't been down there since high school, has the pace changed in 18 years? Sorry off topic just curious.

I like Scale Models because they still build toys in the USA...at least the last I knew they did. They created a whole new line of toys back in the 90's with their 1/8 scale line. Now that would be cool, a 1/8 scale Original!!!

Kyle M: In keeping with some of the other silly ideas and suggestions posted: Should that be a sheet cake and if so how big, or a layer cake and if so how many layers. Should it be a vanilla, chocolate, marble, red velvet, angel food or perhaps a sponge cake. Would it have icing and if so what flavor(s) might it have....not to mention what shape should it be? An Original Cub Cadet, a new Cub Cadet, round, square, rectangular or perhaps rhombic?? And of course...the biiiig question..where would you serve it?? On Michigan Avenue in Chicago? Cleveland? Louisville? Brownsville? or somewhere in Kansas?
war.gif

Myron B

I think it should look like this one:

66343.jpg

lol.gif

Back