• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 09, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcompton

displayname
Wyatt Compton
Here's the final version of the grille. Only a little work left to go.
298007.jpg

Wyatt, Sweet!

298009.jpg

Is this what it is supposed to be loosely based on?

298010.jpg

Kraig-
Loosely, yes. I'm still a little torn on what I shoulda done with the decals. While using a pair of 234 Utility decals would have given a more "scale" look, using the 128/129 decals kept it more like how IH would have probably done it. I trimmed the decal for the 2072 to make it close to the 7288/7488 Super 70's.

I'd have also located the headlamps lower, however, this being still a working unit, access to the PTO would have been blocked.

I'd like to think this is how IH would have done it, had they not sold off the division.

The model rationalization of the TRX program had the smallest model as the 485X (TRX42), so I'm not sure how IH would have kept continuity across model lines (assuming they'd go down the road of having Ag and Residential/Commercial paint schemes and model numbers). The 2072 nomenclature probably wasn't too far-fetched of a guess, being a 20hp 2-cylinder.

The grille retains the OEM springs for access to the PTO. The grille gets the three holes tapped that are made for the self-tapping screw (for the hood tilt lock). In mine I used the top screw as a means of tilting the headlight assembly for "aim".

298012.jpg

Headlamp units are a simple (cheap) headlight unit (glass housings only) with an LED bulb retrofit. A 55W H3 halogen is much overkill for this application (especially noting heat and vibration esposure).
Blazer Driving Lamps

Note .... gone are the days when an 82 series grille casting is "junk" without the tabs. You don't need them!

Nic- it had held up just fine. I was waiting to trim the hole in it until I figured how I wanted the exhaust to exit the grill. That whole... measure twice cut once thing...

What are you guys using for the vertical mufflers that looks the correct size? I am wanting to do that also, but not sure what to go with that is that right scale and pipe Dia.

Stock cub Cadet muffler with bracket removed or farmall cub muffler.

Nathan W. Or get a Gravely tractor muffler. Then weld a short piece of pipe to it. It actually will look more size appropriate to your Cub Cadet. I've seen some on Cub Cadets... Less overall weight to be hanging from your exhaust pipe.
happy.gif

298481.jpg

Thanks guys. I was wondering how much stress is put on the motor with the vertical mufflers. I was debating some sort of support for it.

Hey Guys,

Been working on some new stuff. Thanks for all your support over the years.

Have a new push pull bracket for the cyclops so you dont have to take your brackets off every other season.
298570.jpg

298571.jpg

Also along with a new fender kit for the 70/100's we came up with a tool tray that bolts in place of the fender bracket that allows you to carry some stuff with you while plowing and having fun. The one shown is 1.5" wider than stock brackets to push your fenders out wider.
298572.jpg

298573.jpg

And the kits for the Cat 0 3 point tiller attachments are almost done. A sneak peak....
298574.jpg

Aaron S. WOW!!! Those creations are fantastic. The fenders/toolbox kit makes me wish that I'd kept my 70. However a fella asked my my would sell it price.

Keep up the good work.
happy.gif

Latest innovation-
Adjustable rims. All the same combination of parts mounts a 4.80-8 or 16x6.50-8 tire in a wide or narrow setting. Quite possibly a solution for a problem nobody but myself has, but a solution nonetheless. Finished product pictures forthcoming.
301542.jpg

Building a Mini Super.It will have a rear end from 1872,front axle from a super power steering turn brakes,cat-o from a super,dual hyd.And a turboed D600
301918.jpg

301919.jpg

301920.jpg

301921.jpg

301922.jpg

301923.jpg

301924.jpg

Back