• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 07, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jharvey

displayname
Jerry Harvey "Nines are wild"
Bob P. & Charlie
I have no experience with Cub Cadet loaders but I can say every quietline I ever owned had frame cracks where the axle channel is welded to the left frame rail. Anyone spending time or money on quietlines owes it to him/herself to check this out. JH

So...I blew the engine on my model 86. I have a 12 hp from a quietline...can I convert that style to a starter/generator?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Rich

If the QL engine still has the electric clutch, I think I would do a drop in and re-wire for the clutch switch.

Rich, long time no post! Bummer about your 86. I was just looking at photos of it and your Haban sickle when you were repairing the mounts on the Haban. What ever you decide to do with the 86 re-power, be sure to keep the 8hp parts that are still usable as I believe it has some special parts that might be NLA. But then again I could be wrong.
1a_scratchhead.gif
It could be just the crank that's special.
dunno.gif

Kraig/Richard-

Crank and starter/generator bracket are special, NLA, hard to find, etc...there might be more things that are too. Paul Bell would probably know.

Denny-

Loader is a Kwik-Way.

Matt S.: I think I had a problam like yours a couple years ago and it ended up being as simple as a loose bolt or 2 in this area:
193536.jpg

I remember it was so simple that I did this -
bash.gif

Steve - Would I have to rewire for the starter as well too?

Kraig - Yah, I know it's been a while...life changes priorities. I don't think there is anything salvageable. The motor is over at my FIL's right now as he's rebuilt these a bunch of times. He said he's never seen one grenade that badly...

Rich, here are some electrical diagrams to compare.

193538.jpg

193539.jpg

Thanks Kraig... looks like a lot would have to change....

Ya know, I hope everyone appreciates Roland's colourized wiring diagrams as much as I do. Of course, to me, it's just more magic - not a clue how he made them.
FWIW, I'm using "waiting for parts (belts)" as an excuse to not be working on a mower deck. Truth is, it's too darn hot, even here, to think about wrenching. 87* in the house as I write this. Good thing the ammo's in the cellar, it's 15* cooler down there!!
poof.gif

Richard, Kraig, Matt,
As kraig and Matt said, the 86 crank is different, has a longer "nose" on it to get the PTO clutch out to where it lines up with the mule drive pulleys. The starter/generator bracket is also different, to move the SG forward for belt alinement. The correct muffler is different, it looks like the round pepper-pot style used on most 100's but has a short pipe angled out the side rather than all the little holes that are in most pepper-pot types. The air cleaner is also different. It is smaller in diameter than what is on the 10-14 hp engines, and deeper than the one on the 7, 10-14 hp engines. I don't know about the air cleaner, but the other parts are NLA as far as I know.

Roland's diagrams are SUPER NICE,and useful. I really appreciate all the work that went into these.
Frank,
It is 73 degrees at my computer and 103 degrees outside! Too hot for me, plus I have been in the heat all day at work. Gonna enjoy the AC this evening.....
Now my wife is wanting me to grill burgers for supper!
flame.gif

Hi all. I heard some metal on metal from the 44A while mowing today and pulled it in the shed. Why I did not replace the idler pulley when I replaced all three spindles and the idler spring about 3yrs. ago is beyond me.
bash.gif

193553.jpg

I also replaced the P.T.O. brake shoe which I had purchased from Charlie about 2yr.s ago although the 35yr. old one still had a few years left!!.

193554.jpg

Here is my black engine in honor of Harry's return to the forum.

193555.jpg

Waiting on the new part.

193556.jpg

Good to see you posting again Rick Albert.

PAUL B. - I think most if not all K181's had that wider air cleaner & filter. The K181 that was a replacement engine in my 72 takes a filter element aboit 1/4" to 3/8" wider than a normal K161.

Also, did you see my post back a page or two? Asking about how much $$$$ MTD paid IHC for the CC line? People on the RPM forum were discussing that yesterday or Monday.

Hopefully with the holiday over I can find someone out there has a QA-36/42A snowthrower mounted to a 102/122 and if so can tell me if/how it can be mounted. I would rather not make modifications to the mount if they are not needed.

Greetings again.

Is there a chance a 107 wiring harness would fit a 124 ?

And Thanks Again

Bill in Georgia

Bill in Georgia, according to CC Specialties (see link above) yes...

PN/IH-404379-R5 or 59321-C91

Fits 72,73,104,105,106,107,124,125,126,127,147
-------

Lucas & Kraig, Thank you for the info.

Dennis I tried to email Jim Steel. I googled him and haban an email address came up from 2004. I'll see what happens.

Bill-

Probably, although if the harness is used and OEM, it's not worth the trouble. Those cloth-covered wires in the harnesses in the 1x6/7 tractors deteriorated horribly and cause all sorts of problems. If you're going through the trouble of putting one in, you might want to go with a new one.

<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Back