• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 07, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The electric PTO on my 1250 is loose at the sheeve and if "Off" it rattles/slides against the Brake Flange. Otherwise it works great. I'm returning home tomorrow, (nothing like leaving home with your manuals), and plan on tearing it down. I've looked at Charlie's FAQs and my parts list. Is this just a bearing thing or more to it than that? Does it have a "brake pad" toward the brake flange? This is my only electric PTO so i don't have a comparison.

It's good to see some of the old time names on here!

LUCAS - Yes, an 8-point socket should fit on the square ond of the oil drain plug. Maybe you could slide a small "Cheater pipe" over the handle of the 6 inch creasant wrench? Get more leverage.
Not sure about the K161 oil pan fitting the K181. I want to say "Yes" but the 1/4" longer stroke of the K181 probably means either the pan or the conn. rod cap and it's oil flinger finger are different. The parts look-up above should answer that question.

Not sure about a throttle stop on a K181. The Kohler service manual should describe what all the linkage parts do.

Lucas,Dennis, they sell a 4 piont socket for square nuts, or could you swap it out for plug that uses the end of a ratchet or extension (they probly got a name but I can't come up with it right now)

Lucas-

A 4-point and 8-point socket will both remove a square head nut or bolt (or oil plug). The 4-point is less likely to round off the corners on the plug, which is why I'd guess he's suggesting it.

Harry, those large tire tracks were left from this mini crane that put the main supports in place for my CUB CADET shed that I had erected upon my retirement.
193590.jpg

L W Rehm Here is a QA42A on a 124. Only one bolt because the QA latch is being used. On a 102 I believe it should have 2 bolts to hold it on.Also can anyone tell me if the drive shaft is phased correctly?
193596.jpg

193597.jpg

Kendal, no. I'm sure theres a reason for it but I figure you either line up the knuckles on a shaft or make sure thier 180 degrees apart. I don't think those are lined up with anything.
Lucas, if a person buys a tool like that it only has one use, why not buy the right tool.

Back