• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 07, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
Gary T.-

1/2" socket and an extension from the bottom. It would have taken less time to look under there than to post a question
wink.gif

Thanks to Matt, Richard, and Roland. The pictures are great and I think that I will be able to finish up the project with no problems. Roland, my series II did not originally have any sort of oil filter provision. But I was able to purchase a crankcase half from a certain online auction site, from a M18 out of an 1811. On the crankcase was the plate that the remote oil filter lines mount up to. Two allen bolts and one new gasket later and my series II is all plumbed up for a remote filter. A new plate like the one I am talking about costs $36 new from my local cub dealer. If you go to the cub parts look up site and plug in "oil filter" for an 1811, you will find the plate and part number I am refering too. Thanks again for all the help.

Richard,

RE: Oil Filters

I have an oil pressure gauge on my M-18 782. I originally had my filter mounted on it's side, right at the block (engine was out of a different tractor configuration). I noticed that it took a while to build oil pressure on the gauge due to drain back (1/2 full filter). I have since purchased the remote extension kit and mounted it on the firewall in the vertical position. I get oil pressure easily 3x faster on start-up due to the always full filter.

I'm not mentioning this to minimize your modification, as I think it is a very slick one; but, I would caution those living in colder climates who use their machines in the winter about the drain back situation and how long it takes to get oil (especially cold oil) flowing to the cam and rods at start up with a horizontally mounted filter. The oil pressure gauge was a real eye opener for me.

Rims and tires:
Have a 1450.
1) Can I put 26x12x12's on this tractor with original rims? Looks like they might rub the inner side of the fender.

2) Where can I find rims with an offset that will move the tire out.

3) I'd like to go w/ 18's up front. How wide can I go up front without interfering with the steering?

PSA,
I've added a new Topic for the upcoming Cub Cadet 50th Anniversary for Cub Cadets.
I've been asked by MTD/CCC to get some input from all of you on ideas to make the event a huge success.
Please go post your thoughts and ideas there so they can be passed along to those in charge.
THANKS

Charlie, guess we need you to define "upcomming" if you have that info, yet.

Steve B:

Reference the "extension kit" in your post, would there be something like Check or One Way Valves in this kit...???

confused.gif

Curtis S.
Sorry I kinda thought everyone already knew that 2011 was the 50th since the first Cub rolled off the line in 1961.

Cub 100

Been working on my old Cub 100. Fixed up a old cast 42 " Deck with new spindle bearings and added a piece to fill the gap in the front of the deck, I don't lke grass all over the front wheels, rebuilt the PTO, and added newer style deck mount system. Newer tires and rims. Good for another 43 years!

62147.jpg

Charlie -

You tellin' folks to "do the math?"
lol.gif

And you think landline dialup is bad, try cell phone dialup when you don't have a laptop data plan - not only slow but they can cancel ya for not abiding by the TOS...

Bryan McM: Now ya know that Charlie is sometimes just slightly delusional early in the morning before the 2d gallon of coffee....
crazy.gif
...ya know about them <u>ass</u>umtions.

Myron

Brian:
Warned my grandson about the possible issue with the TOS - hope he doesn't get an expensive lesson.

Tom P: I see something hiding in the background... You aren't modifying an Effie big window for a snow cab on that 100 are ya ?? (Hmmmmm - F100 on a IH100 ??? )
thumbsup.gif

This might be a dumb Q, but what is the easiest way to make the battery box/ center section of these custom fenders for my 149? Oh, and does any one have Brad D's e-mail so I can ask him for some help if he is willing...
62156.jpg

Tom P. Excellent job on the 100. I am torn between which I want as my next cub, a 128, or a 100... oh well, got to finish the one I have now.

Jim T.-

1. Maybe, but probably not. You'll probably need to raise the fenders up a bit to clear.

2. 982 or other SGT rims with the wider offset are what you need. Put a want ad in the classifieds.

3. Not real sure. I think the SGT front axles are wider, so I'm guessing that an 18 x 8.5 x 8 will rub on the sides of the frame.

And by the way, If you're running these tires you won't be able to mount a deck, and if you somehow got it on there and everything cleared, it would either sit too high or not be level.

All-

This has to be the most annoying item description I have ever seen. I now have a headache after reading it. Ebay 110147192805

Glenn,

You have any more pics of your tractor?

Matt,

Thanks for the reply. Raising the fenders is not a problem, and the first thing I did to the 1450 was remove the deck so that's not an issue either. I want to put a loader, and a 3 pt. on this tractor so I really just want the biggest tires I can get. I'd like to have 26x10x12 but that size doesn't seem to exist- at least not in a "tractor" type tread like super lugs. When I look at 18's on the front I run into the same problem which is when you go a little taller they get wider too. If anyone knows of a link to where I can get some 18's for the front or some 26x10x12's for the rear I would appreciate it.

Matt - I agree
dizzy.gif
What's with the funky air filter shroud ???

Ken-

I think it's from a Kohler Magnum single cylinder engine.

Jim T.-

You definitely want to get some SGT rims (wider stance) for the back if you are using a loader, and probably fine spline axles and carrier, too, as you're likely to break a coarse spline axle/carrier combo with a loader and huge tires on a wide stance. Google your desired tire size and see what you find. Also, I'll mention that your plow won't go as deep when you are plowing with those giant tires unless you make new lift straps to compensate for the increase in ride height.

Back