• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 07, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea Let's have it up north I mean after all they get ALL the plow days , shows , everybody's close enough to eachother they can take a cab.

I still vote to have it in Brownsville, current home of cub cadet and been that way since the early 80's I know alot of guys would love to tour the plant. Alot also depends on how many come, are there enough hotels in the area, places to eat. Its no good if its a small run down town with no places to eat or stay for those not camping.

ok Myron chalk it up the still being realatively young. I like this whole idea.
beerchug.gif

Charlie did you think we wouldn't give this a lot of thought. This could be a great time for all in the hobby not just the cub guys. Just to bad the green guys can't bring their toys.

Mike maybe we can use cub for transportation as welll as showing them off.

Myron- I don't think it's the cart before the horse yet. It's just trying to see how big the cart's gonna be, so we can figure out how many
horses it'll take. It's kinda fun!
Ken- Ya, I think that up and down stuff caused my brain collapse, earlier in the day

Ken, was thinking the same thing about the foot ball game !

Dean, The green toys can come they just have to be towed by a Cub to remind every one the yellow and white are the real workers.

Brendan the thought of a few green rigs being towed by cub cadets is a beautiful thought. Reminds me of home with the old mans 318 green machine behind the "Deere Hunter".
roflol.gif

you can have the yellow and white, set up by the years/models to group them together to show the time line of production to the public, have a Red corner for them 82 series cubs. And I also prefer to cruise around on the cub over lots of walking, to much walking tends to flare up my bad ankle. Cheers Mike and Michele T

Brownsville, Tenn. is just north of I-40, about 64 miles East of Memphis.(court house to courthouse) It's about 30 miles West of Jackson,Tenn. Which has a lot of lodgeing and eateries. This isn't scientific, but just as an FYI exercise, it will give an idea. Brownsville itself only showed 2 lodgeing choices.

OK, Charlie, Bryan, are you guys poofing each other, or am I just out here in the dust(mud)bowl seeing things? Last night about 11:18 or so, it said Charlie had a new post, and this morning about 3:45 it said Bryan had a new post, and neither one of them are there.
Or are you just doin' moderater stuff?

I like the idea of the time line grouping but what about guys like charlie that have an entire collection that splits them up all over the show?

Guys think about it .. you know how crowded it is to walk shoulder to shoulder trying to see shows/vendors/dealers ect. are you sure you want to hear a few hundred Kohlers and play bumper cars with cubs ? My right hip and back gets bad just going to my mail box and I have to take a break on the carport before I can go up the steps into the house but I don't think riding around on cubs is a good idea.

A cub cadet shuttle service would be reasonable.

Ken, now thats a really cool idea. We could desine a CubShuttle to cary 4+opperator with a cart to cary 8. Use donated parts from a few 1X9s. I'm sure it would see lots of service.

Bren

Sounds like a very good plan. 1. Fall of the year is always pretty most places. 2. I truly believe "if you build it people will come" so a great variety of motels is a must. 3. Guy's let us not forget the handicapp this is once in a lifetime I would not want my wife and her wheelchair or anybody else's be left out.

4. Plan exhibits and things for everybody. Children, wifes, this Cubby thing might be for us men but look around some way or another it still becomes a family project.

5. Garden tractor pulling (dead weight and running) plowing, loader work, tilling lets show the public what these thing can actually do. You guys have showed me equipment that you have made that I just marvel at.

We can sit here and just type so the old saying "should have" doesn't come back and bite us.

Least and last things need to be pretty well finalized so when the time comes everybody has at least a year's notice. I think the Cub Cadet families would be quite pleased how many people, guest, visitors would show up.

Trailer Queen
fence.gif
maybe some of us just like to paint!!
bouncy.gif

Pops

Maybe Ertl could issue a commemorative complete set of 1/16 scale Cub Cadets spanning the 50 years starting with the 123 through today. They likely still have all the dies for the various series.

Also, for a little more out of the box idea, I think it would be really cool if MTD produced a commemorative, limited-run, re-issue of a vintage IH Cub Cadet model built to original specs as much as possible and with special decals, etc. Maybe have an on-line voting contest to pick the model like the way Boeing named their new 787 Dreamliner. I've always thought the 149 was one of the best, darn Cubbies ever made, but it's hard to beat the Originals as well when you see so many of them still going strong 50 years later too.

A national Cub Cadet Roundup sounds like a great idea as well. Maybe some of IH Collectors Club chapters could assist with the planning and organization. They have lots of experience with such event planning putting on the national RPRU's each year.

I vote Brownsville, TN.

Jackson, TN is a large enough city with plenty of places to eat and sleep, and if that is not enough Memphis will definitely have everything needed. Memphis could also provide additional entertainment options for wives, kids, etc.

I suggested Louisville as the site for something like this 5 yrs ago but the plant where Cubbies were built was tore down for an airport expansion 10+ yrs ago.

Don't know about All You others but if MTD could get Shania Twain to appear & sing I'd be there!
buttrock.gif

It definaly needs to be more than a static display show, while nice, they show nothing to the casual lay person of what these little machines can really do.

If you are going to make a commerative, it should be the Original, since that is whre it all started and that is the only model that will be 50 yrs. old.

Well if they have live demos of what these great little machines can do. I will volunteer.
If I can get over it I mow it.
biggrin.gif

102 w/ CI 38.
We would need a patch of woods for that bunch out of possum holler west virginia.
About 4,000 acres for the bunch on the upper prarie to plow..

beerchug.gif

Latest posts

Back