• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 07, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Cub Cadet 50th anniversary ideas and suggestions

What is needed is for everyone to give some ideas on what you would like to see take place for the upcoming 50th anniversary event.
People
Places
Things
You know all the usual stuff to make such an event a once in a lifetime thing.

My thinking as of now:

1) The location a a 50th anniversary conclave should be tied to IH, CCC, and MTD/CC. The only place I am aware of is the Brownsville, TN Plant where Cub Cadets have been made since late 1981. IH branded and sold Cub Cadet were made there from late 1981 through late 1985. The MTD owned CCC concurrently made Cub Cadets carrying the CCC brand during this same period. Subsequently, MTD/CC assumed all operations there and have produced Cub Cadets there since. No other place can claim a relationship to all three entities that I know of.

2)A tour of the CC manufacturing facilities would be a highlight and great treat for the faithful, the collector and the casual owner attending....A great opportunity for TV and media coverage of the quality still being built into our favorite brand of Garden Tractor.

3) An ERTL (or some model maker) special double model package with an Original <u>and</u> a (then) new 2011 50th Anniversary Cub Cadet...

4) A Steering/Coordination Committee to select and coordinate the myriad memorabilia, brochures, posters, displays covering the 50 years of Cub Cadet....This should be a real media show for the public as well as the collectors.

5) This whole thing should be a celebration of the Cub Cadet from yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

6) Get MTD involved. They are are our ally. They have been supporting us with parts and service for our collectable, though still functional, older models...I mowed grass with an Original model today!! We should be mutually supportive as well...

7) At a nearby public facility perhaps, a Cub Cadet round-up where Cub Cadet owners can show off their Cub Cadets...Kinda like the annual Red Power Round Up scenario....with sellers & booths etc. I imagine the Brownsville C of C would jump on this...

8) Raffle/drawing of some kind (to be detemined with MTD)

9) More when I think of it...

10) Lets hear some other ideas....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Personally I'd like to see their new Hoovercraft solar powered Cub Cadets.

I'd like to see their future concepts or a design contest for such.

Everybody needs a parade. Try to get all the Cub Cadets that can, to come. (not just the dressers) If nothing else, should try for Guiness book of records for most single brand garden tractors in a parade, or even at one site.

This really does sound like a hell of a good time to celebrate the legend.
A} A garden tractor pull.
B} Custom cub show so guys can show off the really radical ones we see here
C} Swap tables
D} Kids tractor pulls on a pedal powered cub (if there wasn't one made I'll build one)
E} competitions sheading, loading, grading ect. Lets show off what they can DO not just let them look nice.
animatedihbear.gif

I guess I can now announce that the Cub Cadet Original that was used as the base tractor to make the hydrostatic garden tractor that IH based its decision on to build a Hydro Cub will be available for display. When I visited with the Vice President of North American Propel Operations awhile back he thought it would be a fantastic idea and the Sunstrand (Sauer Danfoss) prototype will be on display if enough interest is shown.

Myron B. Ertl or Scale Models. And perhaps a milestone type of package of (yes, they would be tiny little critters) 1/64th Cub Cadets.
happy.gif

Curt S. Tremendous idea with the parade. I definitely agree with the ..."not all dressers" idea and Guiness World Book Record. Show those Cub Cadets as they are in all stages of life. And include them with attachments.

Hi Marlin & Curtis: Yes I also agree with the parade...I hinted at that with the comment #7 with the reference to the RPRU scenario....I believe that with the support of Cub Cadet collecting community (all forums) we could easily set some records here....particularly if the location is in a more-or-less central part of the US and within reasonable travel distance for all. All Cub Cadets regardless of their "condition" should be welcome...Trailer Queens and show dogs yes but there are so many more that are just regular users and not "fixed-up" that would be interesting to see....And many of us have accessories and equipment mounted that would also be interested to see...

Also, I have that display rack IH used at the Chicago Show with the Original mounted in a vertical position. I can make that and a good looking Original on it available for the static display area....There is so much to be scheduled and coordinated that I know I am looking for some folks to step up and help get this thing off the ground in concert with MTD. Any volunteers out there for lots of sweat, time & toil to get this done?? Now is the time to step up to the plate. Please put your rear-end where your mouth is...
help.gif
wanted...

Myron B

From the "back patting" department:
Everything Myron said seems perfect. His raffle idea would be great, with top prize being a restored Original with all the options and some neat attachment/implement. The manufacturing tour would be tremendous, and there HAS to be a show/demo/swap meet area.
Charlie and Bryan (or whoever holds the position of current moderators) should be our representatives on the steering committee. They seem to be naturals, as they see everything that goes on here, and could relay whatever ideas they see as useful. No, I didn't check with them first before I volunteered them.
Uncle Grumpy's concept show would be neat. I think the design contest should be started soon, so maybe something from the fans (fanatics?) could be incorporated into the 50th Anniversary model. I would think that energy usage and emissions would be a big part of it.
Curtis' parade/Guinness record idea would be a blast.
For Dean's pull, please use some kind of vintage IH tractor (LowBoy?) and maybe the latest heavy series Cub Cadet to pull the sled back, groom the track, and all those other duties. Custom Cubs could be in a special area of the show area. That could end up being huge. There needs to be several activities for kids and significant others who are maybe not quite as obsessed as some of us. Insurance people might balk at some of the competitions mentioned, but there should at least be demonstrations.
Way to go, Myron!

Other thoughts:
Kohler needs to be involved, as well as Delco and the other manufacturers who supplied parts for Cub Cadets.
Any company still around that manufactured equipment for Cub Cadets and sold through dealerships could be involved, such as Brinly and whatever other companies made and maybe still make the various blades, shredders, sickle bars, buckets, etc.
Performers with songs linked to tractors, etc. would be a neat touch. There's Dennis Doyle in our sandbox, along with a whole pile of country-type artists with songs related to what is done with these machines.

I like the whole idea of the parade, and stuff, like that free tractor that was mentioned a while ago on the main forum. I also think that cub cabdet should build a GT with all the old looks, but all the new technology, like the occ, or my favorite, the 1X8/9 series.

Myron B. Yepper, you're right. I apologize for not mentioning you also in the parade idea.

Somehow we need RFD TV (I know horse TV) to have a film of this event. And then the film being made available to the public.

Also, timetable wise. How long should the celebration table last for a show? A week, or ???. A yearlong advertising and such is a gimmee only the show length is another.

Keep those ideas roling good people.
happy.gif

I love all the ideas posted so far, but something that really needs to be stressed is mutual coperation between both of the large online groups, MTD and everybody else. Let any bygones be that and lets celebrate our beloved brands 50th!! I think I may just keep my CCO and further its restoration alone a bit, while still working the old gal weekly. I would hope to see reps from MTD at some of the larger plow days over the next couple of years for brain storming sessions with the guys. This should happen at both the large plow days in IL and IN as well as the eastern events to include as many as possible. I would hope for a show ground that could include areas to be plowed as thats what many of the operators are into and what has really grown this hobby. At the local show yesterday, they interviewed a guy on what he feels the future of our hobby is. He said that it is very bright with many more getting into the hobby due to its ease of transport over say a full size farm tractor. Less expensive, atleast for the moment, but he sees that changing as more get into the hobby. It needs to be a major event with media coverage, RFDTV ect. It would be nice to see a huge dinner sponsered by MTD/CC on like Saturday evening. RSVP would be needed of coarse. For those that dont camp, if thats an option at the show location, we need to get with the local motels to assure enough lodging for those traveling in from out of state. I cant wait till 2011. Cheers Mike

I'd like to see an issue of a tractor in the same type of idea of the Spirit of 76. Maybe gold coloring, or decal setups.

Their dealerships should sponsor groups to be in 4th of July parades, etc with their old tractors. This would be something everyone would be able to attend, not just a TN thing.

I love the idea of collectible toys.

TN would be nice, is there any other place with that much cub manufacture history? As far as the wives and kids that don't enjoy the tractors that we love they should be included in some thing. The national farm toy show in Iowa has bake sales and craft shows for the wives, not sure about the kids things I was a kid and all I wanted was the tractors (sister could have not cared less). A coloring contest for the rug rats would be good (the next paint scheme for CC
lol.gif
). How bout a garden tractor Dynamo. We got a couple of threasheries this month should be good for more ideas.

Dean S: good points...however there are lots of carts getting before the horses. It seems to me that we need to get the basic scenario concept and a recommended location in hand before we try to expand into other areas...

Myron B

Myron, I think most will agree it needs to be around the Brownsville TN plant area, we need a contact in that area that knows it better and to what time of year to hold it, so as to hopefully have nice dry but not super humid/hot weather. Dean does have good ideas for things for our better halves to do if they are not into tractors. I think a cub cadet homecoming would be a neat scenario, while I to lament that the Louisville works are gone. Its no use dwell on it. So many cubs have come from that plant since the early 80's when it went online that it makes the natural location for this. I would like to see the show kept outdoors, using a cub as a means of transport, espicaly for my wife who has a bad knee and cannot walk distances, is important, as well as for demostrations. The next big step is probably comunication with MTD on the location desires and what they have to say. Mike and Michele T

They need a life
whistling.gif

Arena football running OT! I want my drag racing !!

Digger you got this page all outa wack ... your post at top mine a few minutes later at the bottom ... RTFM ;)

Charlie P. Not me anymore... I'm going to bed. My pea brain ususally gets me into too much trouble after the first suggestion. Others with by far more talent can takeover. Just because I am one doesn't necessarily mean that I can spell... instigator.
happy.gif
Ya all have fun.... I'll just read.

I'm suggesting either northern or central Illinois for a location. I think it is a bit more of a central location than Kentucky, TN or any of those areas. Even southern Illinois would be better in my opinion.

I'd also like to see a new RED Cub Cadet again. I wonder if any of the tooling for the 82 series tractors still exist?

Back