• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 06, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jason, it's a 42" blade and it was deep and wide drift. That was my initial blast thru at "BRS" here's another pic.

306425.jpg

Attachments

• 306425.jpg
    306425.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 306425.jpg
    306425.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 127
Hello If this question has been answered please point me in the right direction.. I just acquired a 1250 to go along with the 127 and 147. Will the 44A mower go onto a 147? or a 127? Can the mower be adapted easily if not?
I live in florida so mowing is the chore.
I bought the 127 in 1984 and it is still great but the original 48 inch deck is very cheesy. The deck with the 147 is a 42 inch deck and is running fine.
The 147 is almost ready to run and the 1250 is a basket case at the moment. probably some hydro issues. along with a motor that is half apart
Thanks for any info provided mike

Mike L - The only thing I can tell you for certain, is that you're in the right place to ask your question about those tractors and mower decks. Someone smarter than me will have to give you the important answers!

Mike L,
The answer is yes with some effort. IH offered a kit at one point to retrofit the 44a decks to the narrow frame machines, but that is long since NLA. I believe you can mix and match mule drive pieces (front section from the 127/147, rear section from the 1250 hanger) and get this to work. But you will also need to angle the front pulleys on the narrow frame mule drive to account for the offset from center for the center deck pulley on the 44a deck. So it would be best to get another front narrow frame mule drive section to modify rather than try to use the one you have for the 127/147.

Mike L.

Welcome. I agree with what others have posted about using the humpback subframe and angling the mule drive idler pulleys. However, if I recall correctly from prior discussions here on the forum, I believe there may be an issue with your front tires rubbing the front edge of the 44A mower deck when turning which will limit your maneuverability. A 44A deck is a tight fit on a narrow frame model like your 127. I'd don't recall if modifying the subframe can resolve this issue or not. There are others on here that will help clarify this and confirm whether or not it is possible to put a 44A on narrow frame Cubbie and make it work. It may require certain size tires as well.

I'd recommend mounting the 42" deck on your 127 if its functional.

107 back running and mowing.

Liam's first ride n a Cub

306428.jpg

clappy.gif

clappy.gif

Good day for me

Bill

Attachments

• 306428.jpg
    306428.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 114
  • clappy.gif
    clappy.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 109
  • clappy.gif
    clappy.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 306428.jpg
    306428.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 135
Bill, that's how you get 'em hooked early! Jason, fine tractor that 149 is! Good quality cart too. If you got some metal skills, well, I know of at least 3 articulated cubs floating around... Make whatever you can dream.
Steve B. You ever try BRS backwards? I don't recommend it, wheel horse plow I had hooked up to 3 point did OK, but my back, the lower bracket and plow didn't when I rammed a Boulder at the end of drive in 2011. I'm glad reverse on the 1200 is not the same as third!

Mike L.,
I have a 50A on a 106. I had to mix and match parts from the mule drives off of a 1250 and the 106 to get it done. If the 127 or 147 have rear disc brakes, which most of them did, your maximum lift height will be just under 3". If you have a rough lawn, there will not be any area of movement for the deck to raise over a hump since it will be tight against the rear brake actuator shaft. I like the cut of the 50A with the front gauge wheels and Gator blades. The 106 is my backup mower now that my 1650 is back running, also with a 50A with gauge wheels.

Wes: Some pictures of your rig on the 106 would likely be appreciated by all those interested in this discussion. I would like to see how you've set it up.

Mike L: If you need some parts to make it work, I would highly recommend the "Wanted to Buy" section in the Classifieds on this site.
cubwinker.gif

Attachments

• cubwinker.gif
    cubwinker.gif
    445 bytes · Views: 100
Back