• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 05, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished installing my new Series II KT17 in my 782. I purchased a remote oil filter kit from one of our fine members, but for some reason, I cannot visualize how it all gets installed. Does anyone have a picture or a really good description of how the lines are routed and in what place the filter gets mounted on the fire wall? I am fairly certain that the line that goes into the center of the oil filter is connected to the top fitting on the engine, correct? I am chomping at the bit to start it up, but this is holding me back. Any advise and pictures will be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know first hand where I can get Sunstrand hydro parts. I need the gaskets and seals. I'd appreciate any information,
Thanks,
David

Nic B.
It's really hard for me to believe that OUR OWN Dave Kirk which builds engines all the time or Chris Westfall, Both Sponsors can not get you what you need.
thumbsup.gif

BTW, Dialup is a PITA when the freakin cable goes out! GRRRRRRRRRRR

David S.-

Your local Cub Cadet dealer can get them, as can the sponsors.

David E.-

I can take some pictures of the oil filter mounting on my 1811 tomorrow if you like.

parked my 86 after using it the other day, came back after a while to gas dripping out of the air cleaner.

Cut grass some more and parked it with no leak...

me thinkin the float bowl hinge, needle valve or seat?

unfortunately I have searched both of their sites.

They don't list a rod bored out to fit -.020 cleavite bearings.
thumbdown.gif

I'm still trying to locate a shop that can do it. Or get ahold of Brian Miller. Which ever comes first.

Didn't get to work on my FrankenCub today but did get my grand daughters "Kid Cadet" closer to done. Just need a smaller steering wheel and some Krylon Fusion in yellow and white. Every time I turn my back to get something she's in it.
62088.jpg

Matt,

I did a search in the vault and found the picture that Roland sent you for the oil filter mounting location. If you could take a picture of where the lines pass through the engine sheet metal that would be very helpful.
Thanks

Richard
Any Gearwrench(tm) is great. I have the regular, stubby, and the flexible box end. You cannot "break" and nut or bolt with them but when they are moving they work great. They have a tight rachet so they work great in tight spaces. Sometimes Sears or Farm & Fleet have them on sale or special. Once you use them you won't be without them.

Brendan nice kid hauler, I should build something like that for my rug rats they always want to take the cub to get icecream instead of walking.
The individual seats would kep the "stop touching me" and "leave me alone" to a mimimum.
angry.gif

Charlie is there a spell checker here for us?

All I do with the motor mounts is jack up the front end, have a buddy hold down on one side of the axle, and pull em out with a 9/16 ratchet.

Cool thing, I got my steel for my three point and flat top fenders ordered, and the shop I went to will even cut and bend the steel the way I want it, for no extra charge!!!

Timothy G.-

Most likely the needle and seat is worn out, but there could also have been some crap in it that kept if from closing. I have also seen floats fill with gas. If it was working before, I doubt the pivot has anything to do with it. For that to stick you usually have to get some really nasty old gas in it. Carb kits aren't terribly expensive, I think it's time for one.

Dean S.-

If you use Firefox (version 2 or later possibly) for a web browser, it'll automatically underline misspellings in red in any text you type.

Charlie - You need my 1 yr old sat dish ?

Glen - I bet they've got the cost in there somewhere. Steel supplier for this area is 1 mile from here and all I've bought over the years it still cost to have cut but I do get free delivery since I'm on their way out for other deliveries.

Yeah ratchet wrenches are cool ... especially the 30 year old Snap On set I've had all them years ;) so are home made stubby ratchets and bent handled ratchets ... now if I could just find the 1/4 drive deep 3/8 I've lost in the last couple of weeks I'd still have every hand tool I've bought over the past 36 years ... only 1 MIA in all that time
sad.gif

Brenden - You gonna install a horn for those tail gaters ? ;)

The steering wheel I've been lookin at has one of those honkers in the center, thinkin bout robbin it off one of her ride on toys. Wouldn't matter, won't hear it over the 102 anyhow.
happy.gif
She's got her own throtle on it and she wants a shifter
happy.gif

Bren

Shifter ? I need to have a talk with the young lady and introduce her to the wonderful world of fluid drive ... plus she'll be able to out run the slow poke in front of her that can't hear her honkin ;)

David E:

NOT all Kohler KT-17 Series II motor could accept an Oil Filter provision. Although it has been reported that this could be done, I have yet to see this. I have a KT-17 Series II and I have friends that have the same motor, and between all of us, none of ours have this "optional feature". So, yours may NOT be set up for this.

In the event that it is, here is a picture of where the Oil Filter Bracket is mounted on the firewall and the routing of the lines. This came from the 1811/1812 Service Manual.

62130.jpg

Ken:
everytime I solder something on a cub wiring harness, I use the only soldering gun I have ever bought. I bought it back in 1963 and have continually used it ever since. Use on all the cubs, several Drag Strip Timing systems, electronic kits I used to build, ratio station trnsmitters and on and on. Still have first tools that I bought about the same time. Still use my first Craftsman tool box that I bought in 1970. I probably has at least 100,000 miles on it in my race car trailers.
I will spend more time looking for a lost socket than it is worth, but I can't stand to loose a tool!

The salesman has not called me about the snow thrower so I have not gotten a price ont he cab yet.
If I don't hear back monday, I will stop by since I am working in the area. I do want that 268 blower.

So Ken, just have snay come by and sell you a new one, I'm sure the price has gone up 400% since you bought the one that came up MIA--LOL

To keep it on topic,my cub loves Snap~On tools.

Back