• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 05, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David E.-

Here's 3 pictures, sorry about the focus, you can't easily tell if they're blurry on a 1.5" screen. Anyway, I can measure that slot in the firewall if you want.

62132.jpg

62133.jpg

62134.jpg

Let me know if you need more.

David E.
Not to confuse the situation but here is the way I mounted my oil filter on my M-18 in a 782.

I made a metal bracket and tapped holes to mount the filter housing to the bracket.

62136.jpg

I mounted the bracket to an existing bolt on top of the engine.

62137.jpg

Here is a side view. The thing I like best is when I need to change filter I just loosen the two bolts on the bracket, slide out the filter and housing and hang it over the side to drain in a container. When I am done I fill the new filter with clean oil, attach it to the filter housing and then mount on the bracket and tighten the two mounting bolts. I don't spill any oil on the engine or frame. I didn't need to cut any holes in the firewall and everything fits inside of the side panels. It's worked good since 2003.

62138.jpg

Frank - I was looking for a post or email all night long. I'm still using the 1948 3/4" drive mis-matched odd balls my grandfather bought
happy.gif

Paul - I need to find a MAC and Snap-On truck to replace the 2 6pt 11/16" sockets that I split one day that I finally got off with a no name Japan set bought in 1974.

My cubs like Mac - Snap-on - Craftsman - SK ... but my cramping hands don't!

Richard C - I really like your setup for the oil filter. It looks very neat and with the ability to drop it down to drain & refill, it should always stay that way. Nice work.

I'm thinking CCC didn't mount that on the exhaust manifold because it gets hot. That can't be good for the oil temp. It would be neat to install an oil temp gauge on Richard C.'s tractor and on my 582 with M18 and filter mounted like the 1811, or any other tractor with it on the firewall, and see which one gets hotter.

Matt G:

That oil filter setup of Richard's is NOT on the exhaust manifold. It is on the Air Duct...!!

BTW Richard - Nice setup.

thumbsup.gif

Matt G.
That area where the filter is mounted doesn't really get that hot. If you have the correct tin on the engine and you don't have something blocking your air flow the heat from the engine is forced out the front of the tractor.

The oil filter housing and bracket as mounted does not touch the tin and I haven't seen the paint on the tin look any different than when I painted it in 2003.

I run Mobil 1 10w-30 oil in the engine with this oil filter setup since 2003 and have not noticed any increased oil consumption or discoloration.

Nobody has to mow in a hotter or dustier environment than I do, with normal temperatures of 100+ F when I am mowing. That's why I had to add a cab to keep the sun off.
62140.jpg

my front grill is loose on my 682. the four bolts are loose what kind if socket do you use.

Latest posts

Back