• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 05, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
House lot We lived on when I bought My 72 over 23 yrs ago was about 70 ft X 170 ft. I went from mowing with an 18" push mower (green & yellow POS hand-me-down) I borrowed Dad's #70 one time (the one I ran for 1000's of hours as a Kid) and that sold Me on getting another Cub.

Boy Kraig,
I'm glad those reflectors don't have to be there.
That would hurt...

Jared , thats fairly common. usually on the 14 or 16. I think it comes from the bore getting woprn and the piston rocking. it catches the side to much & tears the tops of

Richard , I like that hoist , been wabnting to put a jib crane in but then its stuck where ever I put it, might have to look into one of those.

I'm glad i'm not the only one with a smal lot and multiple tractors, besides your right my 2 year old son loves "his" tractor and walks around the house with Ken Updike's book because it has pictures of his toys in it. Bet he didn't know he wrote a kids book.

Don,

I think you are right. I measured the bore and it is .010 over. The piston is/was a std. The guy who owns it said it was burning a lot of oil before it quit. Thanks.

I am looking for an electrical diagram to wire up the voltage regulator and the starter/generator on a 1961 cub cadet "original" with a 7hp engine.

Now I know how Santa gets to all of the little boys and girls house's!! Huh, and my parents told me Santa had a sleigh....
20200.gif

Mike J.: I have the Blur Ribbon Service manual for the 38" decks. It is 6 pages and I really never read it but I went through it now to see if they covered adjusting the cogged belt. They say to center punch your spindles with reference marks before you unbolt them. I would check your old belt and make sure it feels to be at a correct tension as there is a certain amount of adjustment for the belt.

If you look at your spindles from the top you can notice that that the center of the spindle isn't at the center of the mounting holes which allows you to increase or decrease the distance between the centers of the spindle for adjustment. Be sure to reference mark your right spindle(on the deck this one only has four mounting holes
20209.jpg

The left spindle has 8 mounting hole for adjusting the belt which will probably be the holes you referenced.
I found this out the hard way when I did my deck.

Gee whiz. I checked out that ebay item and almost sent the guy my cub money. Then remembered it is all gone.
happy.gif

WM,
That is the type of information I need. I've allready spent most of my life learning "the hard way". Do you think I could impose on you to copy that stuff and email or snail mail it to me? By the way, how old is a geezer?

I just finished putting thatch inserts in a chain-link fence. I recommend it highly to anyone you don't like. The effort will probably kill them.
Mike

Michael "Santa" Johnson, keep us informed as you go through your deck. And you definately look like you got bit by the yellow fever bug that has been overtaking the country by storm...

We own about 2 acres, with a solid one that I maintain, via the International Cub Cadet, and I only have 4 tractors. 1. Original for fun. 1. Original for grass cutting/blade/rear blade. 1. 123 for primary grass duty. 1. 122 for picking up grass clippings with the Agri-fab lawn sweeper, and most importantly for my girls to post really cute pictures on. ;)
20211.jpg

(Message edited by jrichardson on July 07, 2004)

I need some help.
I have a K241AS that I can not get to run smoothly. I can hold the throttle linkage at just past idle and the engine will surge to almost 3/4 speed and than die back down to idle.
What could be causeing this to happen and how do I go about fixing it.

I think I saw someone post something about rebuilding carbs if they where sent to them. Or was I just dreaming, cause if this carb needs rebuilding I dont have a clue as how to do it.

Michael J.
My lot is wedge shaped 50x190x90x200 and something, and I have 9 Cub Cadets, a Wagner Little Giant, and Cub Lo-Boy, so I don't see a problem? EVERYBODY needs Cub Cadet's

Hi All,

I will replacing the round hydro/diff gasket in my 1250 soon (installing a ported hydro).

Should I use any type of sealer on the cork gasket?

I was thinking about putting a small amount of sealer on the gasket then letting it dry before putting it together.

guys thanks for the feedback on the motor it had a ring job about eight years ago when i got it runnin it had alittle bit of noise in it had a guy from the engine place take a look at it he said that it was piston slap he said thebottom of the cylinder was egg shaped oh well ill try to find another block once again i want to say thanks to everyone for the info and keep up the good work

Latest posts

Back