• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 04, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff

Better Late than Never, Awesome Job Jeff! Great Idea.

Gotta Love Pics of Cubs and Flags all Day long.

greenthumb.gif

306226.jpg

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• 306226.jpg
    306226.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 121
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 128
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 116
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 306226.jpg
    306226.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 124
Happy Fourth Everyone!

Sorry, but no Cub pics for me- it's been raining most of the day here- as if we need some more rain.

West Virginia got hit really hard with flooding. Clendenin, which isn't very far away from me, was basically destroyed. We were fortunate, only losing power for 3 days, but nothing was really damaged. God is good!

However, the day afterwards I went to check on equipment, and my poor 108 wouldn't start. I pulled the air cleaner off and saw a puddle of water resting in the bottom. So I went ahead and pulled the bowl off of the carburetor, and sure enough, water had filled the bowl. I also checked the oil, and thankfully no water had leaked into the crankcase. I put the bowl back on, and went to mow with it, and it started leaking
facepalm.gif
. The bowl gasket had stretched and wouldn't seal anymore.

Luckily, I had some cork gasket material I bought for another project. I spent 20 minutes today (when it wasn't raining) and made a new one. Tested it out and no leaks what-so-ever. After it dries out some here, I will have more mowing to do, the grass is growing FAST down here with all this water were getting.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Fourth!!
happy.gif

Attachments

• facepalm.gif
    facepalm.gif
    898 bytes · Views: 126
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 121
Thanks for the help guys.

Jason W- As for ih cubs in the UK, I know of three model 100's which are located in various corners of the country and the odd cc original. Overall they are extremely rare and don't come up for sale very often and when they do they are expensive, mine cost over $1000 dollars and i have now restored it with the total cost including the tractor coming to over $2000 dollars but over here i will get my money back if i ever sell it which I don't. I'll soon be posting a resto thread. As for parts, there isn't any, as you will see when i post my thread my cub was in a very and i mean very poor state so everything had to be repaired or new parts made, I sure wish there was parts tractors over here.

Paul F- thanks i will check that out

Charlie P- really you ship parts to 63 people in the UK! I would love to find out what other CC's were in the UK.

Billy D.-

The bowl gaskets don't really stretch, they expand from the fuel contact. If you dry it out well it will shrink and again fit right where it's suppose to...in the groove.

Happy fourth everyone!

Ewan S.
Here's a few places in the last month,

Thatcham, Berkshire RG19 8LS
Kilgetty Pembs SA68 0RS
Woodhosue Farm, Shuttlewood S44 6QL
Dolau, Llandrindod Wells, Powys LD1 5TW
Narberth, Pembrokeshire, SA677ES
BEVERLEY, EAST YORKSHIRE,HU17 5LE
Liskeard Cornwall pl144hn

Quote via Wikipedia

John Adams writing to his wife Abigail

<font face="courier new,courier"><font size="+2">
"The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more."</font></font>

306232.jpg

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 306232.jpg
    306232.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 306232.jpg
    306232.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 124
Well, I could have fielded 9 Cubs for the parade but I only had 7 operators!
And...I ran out of gas with the 126 2 blocks from the end of the route, which, I guess, was OK because I had just about ran out of candy!!

The 1200 w/landscape rake and the 100 w/rear PTO & Creeper had to stay home!

'O' w/snow thrower, 1000 w/shredder, 882 w/10" plow on Cat 0 adaptor, GTX2154LE w/bagger, 2182 W/Cat 0 cultivator, 1872 w/60" Haban & me bringing up the rear w/the 126 and Brinly cultivator made the route. What a blast!!

306237.jpg

306238.jpg

Attachments

• 306238.jpg
    306238.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 306237.jpg
    306237.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 306238.jpg
    306238.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 306237.jpg
    306237.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 138
David, that is way cool, that had to be great to see.

David S

OMG!

That is a FLEET of Cubs & Attachments you have there! Good Family Fun, looks like your 4th was one to Remember! That's Awesome!

I am tickled to death just having a good worker, a parts tractor, and a decent deck.

Thanks for the Pics, Excellent!

greenthumb.gif

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 124
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 118
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif