• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 03, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David S.
Great shot! You've got quite a lineup there!
greenthumb.gif

Steve S., Great photo!

David S., wow impressive line up! Is that a wide frame axle on the 1x4/5?

Looks like a 60 desoto

Mick....
Yeah!!....Right!!!!

Scott....
1960 Chrysler 300-F
One of 964 built
The only hardtop that model known, to have been painted Polar Blue from the factory and carries the '999' special order paint code w/paperwork that was found under the back seat when dismantled for restoration in 1980.

Polar Blue was not offered as a stock color for the 300 line-up in 1960 but was a New Yorker color. Hence the 'special order' tag.

Please feel free to contact me off site for more info on these cars if you would like.

Anyone that has taken a Danco UD-6 creeper apart really needs to contact me! LOL
I called Rob Houtz and he had no clue either.

Well I got a care package from Charlie so I got to spent some Cub time getting my 42" deck back to tip top shape.

I sandblasted the original mounts, primed and painted them Cub white I had left over from doing the rims for the 127. I stopped and got a handful of SS hardware to remount everything.

The new bearings are slightly different from original. I had to grind the original keys into woodruff's to fit. Then new 3\4-16 nuts to hold pulleys on. I need to get jam nuts(thin) or throw these in Mill and thin them down as they interfere with guard she nice the bigger nuts don't fit the smaller hole in guard. Or just enlarge the hole?? But can't do that as easy as thinning the nuts.

With that all installed with new tensioner pulleys I put the belt back on along with blades. It turns smooth and quiet. I also transferred the training wheels to this deck(which never had them and did a horrible job of mowing). I slipped it under the 127 and hooked belt on. I fired the motor and hit the PTO. WOW!!!!!! That thing is whisper quiet now. You can't hardly tell the deck is running compared to the screeching/roaring bearings from before. I'm really impressed with it. This winter I will dismantle the deck and get the whole thing blasted/painted.

Now to get the front end back under the 149. I rebushed the pivot, the spindles already had some kind of bushings installed and are tight.

Charlie...have you seen my email??

Back