• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 03, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Haban sickle bar mower reinstalled on my 125. Works great! I was shocked at how good the bushings & bearings were. According to my manual its a 1968, 402-D.

Worked on the 123 and cleaned it up. I discovered th PO put (what looks like) auto trans fluid in the trans/diff. Its red, but when I removed the plate there was a distinct alcohol smell. Whats up with that?

I just got my head gasket for my 149. What are the torque specs for the head bolts?

Doesn't look 44 years old to me!

193440.jpg

But this is what was inside. Should I be worried?

193441.jpg

Bob P.
At least it doesn't look like what I found in one of mine!
193443.jpg

193444.jpg

193445.jpg

Gotta love Hytran at work, and doing it's thing.
thumbsup_old.gif

Lucas-

Sort of. I have to either find or make a 1282 engine cradle (QL cradle isn't the same...the engine sits higher in an 82 series) and I have to move the wiring harness to the other side where it comes out in the front. I don't think the starter cable is going to reach.

Matt, I plan to take a enginless 682 and drop a k-241aqs or a k-341aqs in it. Would a k-301aqs power it ok would it pull a 12inch plow?

Depends on the soil...up here, there's no way you'd pull a 12" plow with a 12 hp engine in a hydro. I've plowed with a 12 hp hydro once and it beat that poor thing to death with only a 10" plow...but that hard pull really made the engine run better. I'd say 14-16 hp would be better for that. A 10", on the other hand, wouldn't be much of a problem.

Charlie "Digger" Proctor
I see that goop in my 147.It would freeze up there was so much crap in the rear end.I had to use my loader to get it from the storage shed so I could thaw and drain it. What a mess came out. I used brake clean and refilled it and had no problems after a fresh install of hytran.

Man Its to hot to do much here and I have so much to do.I will have to Waite till tonight to get some things done.

Back