• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 02, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
2ea 782's and a 582......2007.....all factory paint...
326066.jpg

Had a Yellow one too....
326067.jpg

Steve B.,

Good looking lineup there. As American as Apple Pie. Happy 4th of July Everyone! Happy 243 yrs America.

Matt,

Thanks for the info.

Steve, Thanks as well and that is a nice line up!

What brand of ag tires on the middle tractor? Furthest one looks like D-stones? 582 I have no clue what those are.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Happy 4th everyone!

Left Carlisle Super Lug, middle Carlisle Tru Power, right 8.50 Firestone 23 deg

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July.

Very thankful for my freedom, and for those who fought for it.
Nice picture Charlie!

326077.jpg

Once again it's July 4th at Cub Cadet Corners and all the guys are out for a breath of fresh air!!

Have a safe and happy Independence Day Holiday folks from all the gang here at or house!!

Not pictured are the 1250, 1250 W/special hood and safety gas tank, a 73 and 125 and the 70 which is under restoration

326081.jpg

326082.jpg

David S., my hats off to you, a very impressive line up of Cubs. At one time I had 14 running cub cadets and a few green tractors, and it was a full time job keeping tires inflated, batteries charged, oil changes, and good fuel in the gas tanks.

David, I agree with Richard and Mike, that is an impressive line up!

Mower Deck Question 50c
Been working on the mower deck. Belt on deck slipping. The other year I had to free up the belt spring tensioner setup. After examining the deck and only finding a slightly tired belt. I will be replacing the belt but am wondering if I should also replace the tensioner spring. Do these tensioner spring wear out? Has anyone else experienced this?

Good evening,
Got one of those full circle stories I would like to share with you all. I will try to keep it short.
Now I have owned a few 82 series cubs but the one in this story is my brothers,
Bought my first house in late summer of 2005 and had to borrow a friends mower because I had my heart set on a 82 series but couldn't even afford a lawn pro mower after putting my life savings down on that house. Spring of 2006 I bought a 682 with 44c deck blade chains and weights. My brother ran it a few times and he was hooked also. He got to searching and figured he wanted a 982. Well we didn't search hard or not at all at times. I came across this forum around late 2010 or early 2011. Search the classifieds daily found a 982 for sale, Called the gentleman and drove up to Mi. to get it From Paul Warfle in Mid April 2011. It needed work and wasn't sure what all it needed and how to go about it. so back to read here I came. Got it running pretty good and decide to paint it. Took it clear down rebuilt and replaced what was worn. sandblasted and repainted it. After it was back together it just didn't seem to run right. In the meantime my brother bought a really rough looking 2072 with a 60in deck. I read on here bout mag 20 and switching them in place of the onan. Done that, put the power steering on it off the 2072 also and the 60inch deck. Then things went south for me for awhile long story short we got the 982 back it was in bad shape. deck and engine needed work. Got on CCS sight spoke with Charlie a few times he had to hunt and search for Haban parts. got all I needed to fix it from him And for the first time and in couple years today I Got to mow with it again. It needs fine tuning here and there but none the less as dumb as it sounds it kind of made me feel things are calming down and I am getting my feet again. So what I guess I am trying to say is This site and the people who run it and share what they know or have done did help me a lot this 982.
I have many more things to get right on all my other cubs again but with the knowledge here and a parts source like CCS I believe I got a good hold of it if it doesn't jump. Jim

Thanks guys, Like I say there a lot more of this and other cub story to come. Just got to get the right amount of liquid encouragement in me to type it. ha.

Back