• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 02, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aschumacher

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Allen Schumacher
For all my gearhead friends. This is the way a real man starts a fire!
lazerburn.gif

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=511140508976606

Here's a couple of pics I took while at my parents home back in the spring. We went looking for morel mushrooms up in the mountains and only found these wild orchids.

288077.jpg

A closer shot.

288078.jpg

Marty, nice photos. That would be Orchis Spectablis aka Showy Orchis. I have found it growing in a few places around here but have not seen it in years.

Kraig,

They were everywhere. This was in southwest Virginia.
Here's a couple more:

288118.jpg

This one is a tad out of focus, but not too bad for a cheap camera. I guess it focused on the background instead of the plant.

288119.jpg

those pics of the wild orchard as cool. thanks for sharing guys. they are so dainty. kraig, you're a real expert in flowers? seems so..lol

Cath

Marty, nice!
happy.gif

Cathleen, I wouldn't say I'm an expert, I just have an interest in wildflowers.

Trying new camera... Shrinking 24MP to < 100K is a struggle sometimes..

288156.jpg

288157.jpg

288158.jpg

288159.jpg

288160.jpg

The kitty is Lucy - 17 year old Himalayan (she is sweet on her bad days, a toughy on her good - she has the kitty version of Alzheimer's )

Alpha77MKII, 16-50 f/2.8 fixed ..

Gerry, Lucy is beautiful as are the Lilies! I can't tell from the photos, are there both Asiatic and Oriental lilies there? I love it when the Oriental Lilies are in bloom when you get that wonderful fragrance in the garden.

Gerry, those are amazingly beautiful pics of the lilies...and Lucy, what a precious girl. Ahh, I just wanna scoop her up and give her some lovings..

Cath

Kraig - those are in a friend's garden - took them just this weekend.

Cathleen - Lucy is one of their two remaining cats. I'll post some pics I took last winter in the cat thread.
Kraig - (again)
I've been using the Windows tool for resizing, but with that, as the files get bigger, I have to shrink boundary size to get them under 100 K. What are you using? I've got Corel PSP, but always seems like a PITA to use..

Gerry, 24MP! What camera do you have? I use VuePrint. Keep in mind, as a moderator I don't have a size limit.
happy.gif
On the main forum I try to limit the images I post to 700 pixels wide. On the sub forums I typically post 900 pixels wide but will occasionally go up to 1200 pixels wide if I think the photo(s) are worthy.

Kraig - I dropped my Alpha 300 last winter (it got knocked off the edge of a table at a party..) so I started looking for a replacement. Since I have no one to tell me "no" (well, besides the two little voices in my head and a friend 55 miles away), I shopped replacements that could still use the Konica/Minolta/Sony A mount lenses that I have (none as good as the new one, though..). I love taking pictures... I'd better..... I got this lens and this body as a package deal from an Amazon vendor... I only listened to the little voice that said "Ooooooooo shiny" not the other one (she's probably looking down at me, shaking her head and saying "Nooooooooooo"..) I'm just learning to use it, many, many controls, but it makes me look like I know what I'm doing when I put it on "Automatic"..

Mowing the lane back to the woods at my parents house and I thought this looked neat. Of coarse with a crappy iPhone as a camera it looked better in person.
whistling.gif

288261.jpg

Shulzie, how about a picture of the farmall cub you are on?

Jeff,
Here's a couple of pics of the Cub. One with the skinny front tires and one with the flotation mud tires on the front.
err.gif

288278.jpg

288279.jpg

I just fell in love with those duelies.. Thanks

Back