• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 02, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's all that running in the background? Is that water to catch the excess paint?
P.S. Love the pics!

Have a safe 4th.... Thanks to those who serve to keep it that way..

288069.jpg

And all the veterans that served, also..

Pray for the POW/MIA's that may still be there where the politicians abandoned them..

MARTY - Yes, a waterfall... for over-spray, they also probably had water running under grates where they were spraying that caught over-spray and then filtered the paint out and re-used the water. Kept the floors cleaner to help keep dust down too.

The waterfall also reduced the amount of dust in the air which improved paint finish... which IH needed a lot of help with.

I've run two brand new Cub Cadets, a '63, and the '65 #70, that were both just days out of the assembly plant and they both had flaws in the paint that anybody who bothered to use the correct colors of paint would NOT have tolerated.

Runs, sags, the "other color"of paint running down the part which should not even have been there... The '63 CC had white paint running down the left side of the steering pedistal.

I've got a K321 on my 147 that's hesitant to throttle up. By that I mean when I let it run about 1/4 throttle and hit the linkage on the top of the carb it pauses for a second then throttles up. Is this normal, or could it be getting too much air some how? The shaft going into the carb has some slop (it's 40 years old, and it's worth mentioning that it's a Kohler carb not the walbro one). It runs great when it's running at a consistent speed, it's just slightly hesitant to throttle up when I hit the linkage quickly. Is there a bushing that goes around the shaft that goes into the top of the carb? Thanks

DAN - Yes, there's a replacable bushing that goes on top of the thottle shaft on the carb. It comes with a new shaft, and screws to re-attach the throttle blade to the new shaft.

Dan, how close are the serial numbers on your new 147's

Back