• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 02, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrichardson

displayname
jason richardson
Had a day off today, and a few folks and I went out for an adventure in Kadena, Japan. We went to the Seawall to check out the ocean, and check out things. Here are a few pics of our adventures.
20072.jpg

20074.jpg

20073.jpg

This one is of an Airforce Cargo Jet that was taking off. Because of it's immense size, it just seemed to "hang" in the air.
20071.jpg

To keep on topic, I really miss my Cub Cadets... sigh.

Shawn,

That was probably me on the pictures of the old Hough plant in Libertyville.

Are your friends buying the whole facility or just part of it? It looks like it is subdivided right now with several smaller tenants using the space for different things. A church was even using part of the office space for services.

It would be cool to get inside to look around some of the place. I assume most of the lines and equipment is gone though.

Shawn, yes, Danco and Danuser are the same. I'm not sure what the replacement 147 seat looks like.

Jeff R., pretty fancy riprap along the sea wall. Did you paint all that grafiti on the wall? :eek:)

Charlie, technically the blade I posted info on isn't a narrow frame blade, it'll only fit onto an Original, that is without modification.

Can someone explain why I can't view the "Cool IH Cub Cadets, not OEM..." page?

Rob D., where were you 2 weeks ago when we discussing paint guns? I was asking the same question. :eek:)

check HERE

Charles, it's still under construction only a few have access right now.

Rob D., you could also click on that "Keyword Search" button at the bottom of this page and you can search for info on the forum, it works quite well.

Matt, yes! I can always use more photos. :eek:)

Under edit: Please take several photos. :eek:)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on July 02, 2004)

OK, what do you think of the Campbell-Hausfeld brand air tools - especially their gravity feed paint sprayers? They have a 2 gun combo pack attractively priced now at Lowes. Are they any good?

Charles, more likely it's only a few of us outcasts that are allowed in. :eek:)

On the paint guns I'd be interested in hearing about them too as I'm still in the market for one. Though I'm leaning towards this Devilbiss paint gun. But I'll have to sell some more Cub stuff to finance it. :eek:)

Kraig and Pat--Thanks A LOT for the info. I am going to be starting it first. I agree with you on that. I just am asking for my knowledge if it comes to that. The tractor hasn't been ran in 2 years. The radiator apears to be empty, and the trans has no fluid in it. I'm sure thats not good. I asked about it at the place I bought it from and no o0ne seems to know anything else about it. They got it in on a trade and I bought it the next day. But after I inspect the wires and get a new battery, I will be attempting to start it. That should be soon. Thanks for the tip though on leaving the tires off the ground. I will DEFFINITLY do that. I know that those are almost indestructable engines, its just that if down the road i'm going to spend all the time and money on a complete rebuild, I just like to know what my options are. Again, thankyou everyone for the TON of feedback and help.--Nate

Update on the 38 inch deck with the homemade taller baffels. Got it finished and mounted on a 1250. Didn't have any tall grass to try it on but what I did cut it really threw the grass out the side. It cut nice on the flat ground but I had a problem. Since I irrigate my property I have some tall berms. They are sloped about right for one pass of a 44a deck. When I got in some locations the end of the 38 inch mower deck would dip down in the grass and cut a deep swat which looks bad. I don't have that problem with the 44a or the 50 inch decks as the gauge wheels hold the end of the deck up preventing it from cutting deep into the grass.

I don't have any gauge wheels on the 38 inch deck but looking at what they normally have it doesen't look like they would help in this case. My problem is out at the end and I don't think I have enough room to put gauge wheels on the outside even though I have the smaller tires on this 1250. Has anybody else had this problem and found a solution?

Here is a picture of a 38 inch deck with gauge wheels, doesn't look like they would help the ends any.

20078.jpg

Here are my favorite mowing tractors.

20079.jpg

Here Kraig, I've got one, and can take more of any particular part.
20083.jpg

Okay, everybody, so what does this fit, anyway?

Also, I cannot get the front PTO clutch to disengage on a 102 of mine. Have tried adjusting to spec. in manual but with no luck. Any suggestions?

Back