• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 01, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
Okay Harry. A couple of us are waiting for your review. I figured you got more seat time so that should give you the experience to make a good appraisal.

Mowing by the 4th? tick tock, tick tock... you shouldn't be replying - but turning wrenches!
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 141
I had a really stuck flywheel one time and was worried that i might mushroom out the threads. So I put a whole lot of pressure on the puller and got my oxy acetylene torch and aimed it at one spot just above the shaft for about 10 seconds it popped right off.

Mike - yup, I got an old style push mower that I'll be using so I'll be "Mowing by the 4th". I think you forgot to add Wayne's name in your post.

Can anyone advise on a series 2 tiller issue? I have rebuilt the gearbox, no problems there. I can see a lot of oil has leaked out of the tiller. It came from the other side (shaft and pivot plate) of the big belt pulley. I can't seem to find gaskets on the internet. How much oil do you put back in? Thank you.

Mike (and all)-

I haven't even finished the parts list yet so my friend will not be mowing by the 4th. I continue to come across small things like a while ago I couldn't get a 1/4-20 for the shroud started. I found it to be stripped so I had to back up. I just drilled and tapped for a 5/16-18 and called it good. Then I pulled the clutch out to find it needed all sorts of attention. Both pressure plates were in ruff shape. I haven't quite finished resurfacing them yet. Here in the south we have these things called afternoon thunderstorms and we're in a strong pattern. I had to button things up to avoid disaster.

This has become a repeat of the 1200 I did last summer for Bob. BTW, he sent me an email the other day bragging again on how well his tractor is running. He is one proud cub owner.

Well I was hopeful you could pull it off Wayne. But I know when you do get it delivered back to the owner it'll run and operate good for a long time.

Eric, I rebuilt mine this spring.
Mad a new gasket for it fro a piece of stock bought at NAPA.
Packed it w/2 pounds of wheel bearing grease
Works like a charm.
I say, ditch the oil and use grease

315885.jpg

Attachments

• 315885.jpg
    315885.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 145
  • 315885.jpg
    315885.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 154
EricP ,if you do a search ,look at top of page for search ,you will find a lot of photos ,.i also did a complete rebuild on ono

David S. and Eric,

The operators manual says to use "0" grade lithium EP grease in the tiller gearbox.

David,

Nice trailer!

Everybody must be on vacation while I am stuck here working on my 100!
lol.gif

Thanks to all who sacrificed so we could enjoy our freedom!!!

Happy fourth everyone!

315891.jpg

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 135
  • 315891.jpg
    315891.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 140
  • 315891.jpg
    315891.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 129
Hope everyone has a good 4th!!! (tomorrow)

Question...does anyone have any ideas on how to tighten up or put a band-aid on a wallowed out final drive?

Wayne S., I'm assuming your talking about the input shaft of the trans.? If so, you might bore a new hole 90 degrees off the old one. Or find a used one?

If you know someone with a machine shop, they might bore out the original hole and press in a filler, then re-bore to the original size/location.

Doug,

Thanks for the compliment.
If you're interested, you can see more of my 100 progress in the refurbish/restore threads.

Marty G. You're making nice progress.
happy.gif

I need to mow lawn today and right now I am sitting in an air conditioned house and sweating profusely. Stinking knee doesn't help either. Sometimes it's a bummer growing younger towards eternity. But, I am still blessed with two legs, two arms and hands, etc.

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 138
Cub 129 - I had the engine seized up on me 2 times in the last 24 hours. i took everything off first seized. hit it with a rubber hammer. engine turns like it should when starting it with head off. put head back on. tries to start it. first times engine turns but does not try to start. then it tries to start it gets seized. now its really stuck. put kerosene in cylinder. before this new piston it had seized before and had to hone it out a little bit. if anyone can help me out i would appreciate it a lot!

Austin E.
You didn't mention what piston and ring setup was used.
It kinda sounds like after things heat up, things go haywire.
Did ya mic the cylinder and the new piston to compare the 2 prior to assembly?
Might also be a mismatch between rings and or piston.
It might just be mad at ya!
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 150
I used i think sten's 4787406-S which is STD. I didn't mic it, because I don't have a mic that big only a 0-1 and that didn't come till last week with my toolbox. and I put the piston in it like 2 weeks ago. cylinder is 3.372 and old piston is 3.340

Back