• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 31, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jparsons

displayname
John Parsons
I need to replace the carburetor on my Cub Cadet 123 (engine K301AS). The existing carb is a Walbro WHG and has a number engraved on it but it is hard to read (either 47-053-08 or 77-053-08). I have tried to cross reference this and I have concluded that the correct replacement is a Kohler carb either KOH4785320S or KOH4785322s. But I'm not sure which. Can anybody advise me which is indeed the right carb for my Kohler K301AS engine?

Hi I have a cub 100 with a brand new coil starter gen and solenoid and it still will not start??

Quinn

Have you verified power through the ignition switch and have power at the coil?

Have you checked any of the grounds?

Have you looked at the wiring schematics found on this site and/or the manuals?

Since you've changed the Starter/Generator, are you saying the engine isn't cranking?

How about your points? Are they clean? New? Adjusted properly?

You'll have to probe the ignition switch and verify its wired correctly. Your going to have to look up the wiring diagram and see that the s/g is wired correctly. If you ran all of the wires where they need to go it should turn over.

I have not touched the wires but I could have the solenoid wires wrong

Another thing, have you verified each part is actually"good"? I have had multiple new parts not work that were brand new. The coil will not interfere with the engine not cranking either. The area you're needing to look into is the starting circuit essentially. You may want to remove the s/g belt, if you get it to turn using the switch, it should turn over the engine.

I'm betting you have a wire going the wrong place or an internally broken wire. If everything is going to the right place, an ohm meter could be needed for a continuity check.

Yes I have the belt off and the starter generator pulley does not spin

Sorry, s/g is short for starter/generator since it's a 2 in 1 component to me.
Hmm. Does the solenoid"click" when you turn the key?
Wish I lived close and could just stop in to help.

On a different note, has anyone ever tried to make a sleeve hitch adapter for an IH 3 point that functions more like a category 0 or higher? Having the implement lift still horizontal to the ground instead of swinging upwards?

Earl,

Check out 2016 Red Powere thread for sleeve hitch to cat 0 pics on 782.

Earl

It dose just make a clicking noise in the lights do turn on

Quinn

Back